• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I got a Nintendo Switch

Nicholas Wedemeyer

Hi Everyone,

Today, I got the Nintendo Switch! This is the OLED version! My first game in this console was Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

Do you have Nintendo Switch? If so, what games do you play?
20220917_121103.jpg

I have a long list of Nintendo Switch games that I own both physically and digitally. I have a few suggestions of games that are must plays for the console: Mario Odyssey, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Pokémon Sword and Shield (and Home if you get both versions as it will be a great help completing the Pokédex), Animal Crossing New Horizons, Tetris 99, Kirby Star Allies, Kirby and the Forgotten World, Paper Mario The Origami King, and Pokémon Legends Arceus. Also I suggest that you buy both Fighters Pass for Smash Bros. The DLC Fighters are pretty good and Sephiroth is one of the best in the game.

My wife just got me one (a Lite) as an early birthday present and I'm pretty much obsessed with it.

Here's my collection so far:

Fuze 4
SmileBASIC 4
Qbics Paint

Colors Live
RPGMaker MV
Game Builder Garage

Block Quest Maker

Mostly I'm just doing painting and gamedev / sandboxing with it, but I'm sure I'll pick up a few games when I have the $$. Since THPS 1+2 is on here, that might be worth looking into! Also, it seems like Human Resource Machine and Seven Billion Humans are both on here, which I'm not opposed to getting a second time for the portability (since I have them on PC).

This thing is kind of a dream machine for me since I can do coding and art in bed now, lol

Last edited:
I've had one for ages now.

There's games that I have and actually play, and games that I have but that just sorta... sit there.

Games I actually play:

Mario Maker 2 (the reason I bought the Switch)
Binding of Isaac, with all the expansions (AKA my favorite game ever)
Minecraft (it's basically the worst version of it, but at least it's playable when I'm on the island)
ESPGaluda 2
Corpse Party
Monster Train
Enter the Gungeon
Atari Flashback Classics (though I dont really use this one much anymore since I got the Raspberry Pi)
A Robot Named Fight (anyone who is a fan of Super Metroid needs to play this one)
Tangledeep
Zaccaria Pinball
Pinball FX3
Arcade Archives (this one is split into many separate apps)

Games I have but dont really do anything with:

Zelda Breath of the Wild (I really didnt like this one. Honestly the last Zelda game I actually liked was on the SNES)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (lost the card)
Super Mario U Deluxe (I'll get back to this one eventually)
Starlink (dont know what I was thinking with this one)
Marchen Forest
Mary Skelter 2
Smash Ultimate (nobody to play it with and Nintendo's online functionality is the worst in the industry, so this actually got entirely uninstalled)

There's a few more beyond those but you get the idea.

I dont really buy games for this very often. More of a PC gamer, so most of my stuff is on Steam.

Also I pretty much never use this in handheld mode. Docked with a pro controller only. This thing feels so awful to use otherwise... good grief do I hate the joycons.

I have one, but I let my brother borrow it and I'm too socially anxious to ask for it back. It's been like a year.

Minecraft (it's basically the worst version of it, but at least it's playable when I'm on the island)

What's bad about this version? I almost picked it up the other day (but opted for THPS and OliOli instead since I'm a diehard sk8 nerd) and didn't feel like spending another $30 on something I already have on PC

What's bad about this version? I almost picked it up the other day (but opted for THPS and OliOli instead since I'm a diehard sk8 nerd) and didn't feel like spending another $30 on something I already have on PC

The limitations of the Switch. It's just too weak for it.

The draw distance is horribly short and the max world size is limited. The draw distance supposedly gets even worse if played in portable mode, or so I've heard. Chunks are slow to load, framerate can get a bit wonky, you get overly long load times, and so on.

It's not like, totally unplayable or anything, but yeah, every other version of the game is definitely superior. That's one game where having a high draw distance and fast loading is definitely a big deal. When both are low, travel slows down a whole lot and it's so much easier to get lost for no good reason.

I do have it myself, but that's only for when I'm down on the island as I dont have a PC there. At the main house, it's always the PC version. Though played with a Switch Pro controller. I cant hold a mouse for very long.

I have the digital version and it is up to date in terms of updates and version history yet I literally cannot access the Minecraft Store at all! Which is very strange as I could do it before when I had a physical copy of the game. It keeps saying that I need the “Bedrock Edition” to use the Store. I can’t find anything online to help me with this problem

I have the OLED Switch too! My first Switch ever! You're gonna laugh, but I have. . . ZERO games for it currently!!!
I got so frustrated with figuring out on my own that only certain joysticks were compatible with the Switch, and I didn't want wireless. Also had trouble understanding when something needed to be re-charged. It was aggravating and distracting from the rest of my life. As much as I've enjoyed a few of the games at others' places. I had a friend help me last minute and everything for help has been in pieces. May just stick with PC games in the future. Want to focus on clutter. Considering getting the new Castlevania collection and the $20/year retro Nintendo game set. Super Smash doesn't interest me nor do most shooters or rpgs. I like platfomers and interactive fiction.

New Threads

Top Bottom