• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I filmed KANGAROOS in the wild

Aspie_With_Attitude

V.I.P Member

If you had been watching my outside "WALK WITH ME" videos, since I am in Australia, I couldn't go without filming Kangaroos out in the wild. I didn't go too hardcore, just enough to give you a main idea of what Australian forest or bushland is meant to look like.

Ooooh I'm watching your vids asap I'm home from work. Australia to me is just some "different mythical world where everything tries to kill you" lol

It's such a shared joke that, I'm pretty sure ALL Aussies, just about, are in on! :-()
Not even Australia is large enough to contain it. Incidentally, I think Elon should terraform the Outback to make it habitable for human life before he starts with Mars.

@Aspie_With_Attitude
I watched the video and i need to tell you that those presentation you do with your arms every time you get to some point in the video are ultra cuteI love that wherever you go there are just so many sounds of the birds, and there is just so much greenery, and damn... it's hard for me to imagine that you just have kangaroos strolling around like that, the only animals i see around my parts are the boring cats, dogs and ducks, even a squirrel is a sight to behold here :D
Thanks for the video, it was very relaxing to watch :)

Australia to me is just some "different mythical world where everything tries to kill you" lol

:)

aninals.jpg

Not even Australia is large enough to contain it. Incidentally, I think Elon should terraform the Outback to make it habitable for human life before he starts with Mars.
It is habitable for humans - they’ve been living there for tens of thousands of years.

Out of all the deadly critters we have, probably the most commonly feared is the Aussie Magpie. Not even closely related to a European magpie. They don't attack everyone though, only some people. And usually only during nesting season. It's a body language thing. If you try to hide from them you look sneaky, they don't like people wearing hats. If you try to run you look guilty. So cyclists are guaranteed targets. And if you have ever done anything bad to them they never forget your face.

Do a youtube search for Magpie Attacks, some of them are pretty funny. Also search for Wedge Tailed Eagle attacks. In Europe at the moment they're trying to train eagles to attack drones, wedgies do that naturally. They also attack paragliders, sky divers and small aircraft.

Cracticus_tibicen_hypoleuca_male_domain.jpg

Out of all the deadly critters we have, probably the most commonly feared is the Aussie Magpie. Not even closely related to a European magpie. They don't attack everyone though, only some people. And usually only during nesting season. It's a body language thing. If you try to hide from them you look sneaky, they don't like people wearing hats. If you try to run you look guilty. So cyclists are guaranteed targets. And if you have ever done anything bad to them they never forget your face.

Do a youtube search for Magpie Attacks, some of them are pretty funny. Also search for Wedge Tailed Eagle attacks. In Europe at the moment they're trying to train eagles to attack drones, wedgies do that naturally. They also attack paragliders, sky divers and small aircraft.

View attachment 124299
From what i know most magpies and crows can remember faces of humans who wronged them or tried to befriend them, and yeah they can be highly vengeful, and just do stuff for fun or to irritate someone else.

From what i know most magpies and crows can remember faces of humans who wronged them or tried to befriend them, and yeah they can be highly vengeful, and just do stuff for fun or to irritate someone else.

I read this about magpies: "magpies are one of the most intelligent birds and one of the most intelligent animals to exist. Their brain-to-body-mass ratio is outmatched only by that of humans and equals that of aquatic mammals and great apes".

I have magpies in my garden and they are clearly very smart.

It is habitable for humans - they’ve been living there for tens of thousands of years.
It's mostly a joke, but it doesn't look like an easy place to get by, much less after I was injured and no longer deal well with heat.

It's mostly a joke, but it doesn't look like an easy place to get by, much less after I was injured and no longer deal well with heat.
Not an easy place to get by at all, those pictures of Mars we see look very much like the northern Flinders Ranges.

Truly, the likes of Steve Irwin nor the Discovery channel ever did anything to help the Australian tourism industry.

And at the same time, many of my favorite films are Australian productions.

Except for the dropbears. It's a myth that they are carnivorous.

Believe it or not, "DROP BEARS" did actually exist in such a way. The museums acclaims them to be more like "DROP LIONS" instead of drop bears. If drop bears were real, this ancient marsupial comes as close to this Australian mythical creature that you maybe thinking of.

New Threads

Top Bottom