• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am very curious about certain personality parameters and how they apply to the Autistic

Why would you be in trouble?
It's a typed error that doesn't even make sense. Hefty does?
Hefty does what? Hefty does Dallas? Cat fows? :(

Don't worry, you're not alone, I had no clue what any of their most recent messages meant. :)

I would love an in depth discussion about personality theory, but I am not as knowledgeable as you on the subject.

I score similarly on the big five test and am an INTP.

I think I've been misspelling extraversion.
I'd be happy to if you wanted to message me about it. I had myself miss-typed as INTP for a while early in my typology journey actually.

I spell extraversion the way Carl Jung spelled it when he originated the term, even though I may be outnumbered as popular media and even modern psychology often spell it as "extroversion." This spelling is popular yet a failure in understanding the definition (the prefixes of "intro" and "extra" are intentional). Just because something is agreed upon by the majority doesn't make it correct.

doe---female deer
hefty does~~~fat cows
cat fows was a poorly constructed spoonerism in Fridge's "honor"..

Jokes, probably in poor taste.
My apologies.
No apology needed.
I just didn't get the meaning -- literally.
I was thinking about it all night and it finally came to me this morning.
You were thinking does as in female deers. I was thinking does as in when someone takes action.
Ha, I laughed at myself when it finally struck.

I think there is a lot of personality to be seen just by reading the replies in this lengthy thread!
jag.jpg
Cat Fows....geez

Meyer-Briggs has me type cast as a INTP.

Sometimes I think labels just call a thing what it is. I was still Autistic before I knew I was Autistic, saying I'm Autistic didn't make me more Autistic.
I got misdiagnosed with BPD once, it didn't make me start behaving like I had BPD, because I don't.
I, maybe, should call myself an Artist, but it sounds pretentious, same with Mystic.

Labels are powerful, words are powerful, but intent is more powerful and reality itself is still reality, whether we deny it or admit it.

"A rose is still a rose" and all that.

All language is merely representational and embedded in cultural context, as is culture embedded in language, and all language is both freeing and expressive and limiting and at times, deceptive, wrong, misguiding, confusing and bamboozling. Thus, is the conundrum, with trying to define and communicate via words and labels, that which is far vaster, inexplicable, complex, individual, dynamic and fluid: the parameters and such, of personality, and in particular, within the autistic spectrum.

Much relates to how our realities have shaped and impinged upon us. The need to "survive" is a powerful molder and driver of how "personality" and behaviour, unfolds.

I was an entertainer for years, had (have) many children, am fairly "agreeable" but also, somewhat of a "rebel" "renegade" and "dissident", due to necessity and neglect and falling through the cracks and having to survive as a highly sensitive, socially inept, underconfident and ill-treated member of a harsh, disempowering system, that which I found myself in.

So I am "agreeable" and avoid conflict, as much as possible (nature) and "disagreeable" don't trust authorites (blindly or without much evidence of why I should) and refuse to be exploited any more (survival, nurture - or lack of it)

So yeah, I little about me.

A fascinating subject. I hope the conversation continues.

and all language is both freeing and expressive and limiting and at times, deceptive, wrong, misguiding, confusing and bamboozling.

Very descriptive and accurate.

That's why I replied to the joke that confused me on the typo of "hefty does" should have been
"hefty dose" to illustrate I didn't get the joke and thought on it all night,
which I edited to the correct spelling when I saw what had happened.

I even put in a return typo :
You were thinking does as in female deers. I was thinking does as in when someone takes action.
Also in honor of joking around with the Fridge magnetman as we have posted silliness to each
other's replies before.

The word was supposed to be dose.
Not
does or female does.
Just goes to show how true @Nauti , language can be bamboozling. :)

Great topics and not funning around when I say how much
I really appreciate all you guys being here.
Fridge, Sid, the Duck and everyone. :D

I'd be happy to if you wanted to message me about it. I had myself miss-typed as INTP for a while early in my typology journey actually.

I spell extraversion the way Carl Jung spelled it when he originated the term, even though I may be outnumbered as popular media and even modern psychology often spell it as "extroversion." This spelling is popular yet a failure in understanding the definition (the prefixes of "intro" and "extra" are intentional). Just because something is agreed upon by the majority doesn't make it correct.

I was miss-typed as INTJ earlier in my life.

The majority are usually stupid.

I was miss-typed as INTJ earlier in my life.

The majority are usually stupid.

The INTJ/INTP miss-typing is one of the most common. What clued me in was 1) When I really deep-dived the cognitive functions and realized I was definitely Ni dominant, and 2) Recognizing my bias toward end results (Te), willingness to take shortcuts, and getting things started as opposed to really getting into the marrow of the finest details (which I find a hindrance to progress, yet important to have... for someone else to do). My Ni asks "Where is this going?" and my Te asks "What works?"

"The majority is always wrong" was the topic of a Ted Talk, I believe. And its totally correct. I like to think of it this way: All the brilliant people that do great things were a minority that were called crazy or stupid and did the opposite of the majority.

New Threads

Top Bottom