• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am Thinx again!

Thinx

V.I.P Member
Hi I am back in my original profile, thanks to @Nitro and to @tree.

Hi to everyone, thanks for your greetings while I was thinxcantlogin. Now I can.

I have been whiling away my time having Yet Another op, just recovering from complex keyhole surgery, and have referred pain in my shoulder, which seems to mean it is a nerve in the shoulder that's painful because of irritation from the surgery or gas used. Bit strange.

Do let me know if you have any experience of that, or hints or tips, meanwhile am swigging soluble paracetamol and feeling a tad sorry for myself. Also wrapping some Christmas presents and eating sloppy foods.

Glad to be back here.

1701649775155.png

I missed you, and I am Happy to see you back.

I have no idea of the nerve stuff. Im sorry that you are dealing with pain.

Alright, good news, recuperating is a tedious job, but eventually everything will be healed.

Thanks all, glad to be back. It's rocketing down with rain here just now. Don't think I'll be on the allotments today. Not least because of trying to work out how to not set off this shoulder pain.

But I think the actual irritation causing referred pain is in the parts in or near operated on, despite it manifests in the shoulder. At least the rain is making it less cold here!

Wonderful to hear from you and have you back, Thinx! I've been wishing on stars that you were well and it is truly lovely to have you find your way back. I will be hoping for restoration and recovery for you and hopefully the forum can lift your spirits when you are down.

What have you been able to try for your shoulder pain? Ice? Heat? Can you pinpoint from where it originates? I have been managing shoulder pain, too, but the problem is actually in my neck. It's hard to figure out where to stretch or apply the ice pack. Like so many other problems in life, efforts to ease pain are futile until we discover the source.

Welcome back, Thinx! I thought maybe you were on a Thinx-cation in an exotic locale.

I'm glad you're through the surgery and on the road to recovery. I don't know why your shoulder hurts but sometimes post-surgery body aches are a result of bruising during the surgery or from lying in an awkward position during the surgery. Hoping it will disappear today.

Hi I am back in my original profile, thanks to @Nitro and to @tree.

Hi to everyone, thanks for your greetings while I was thinxcantlogin. Now I can.

I have been whiling away my time having Yet Another op, just recovering from complex keyhole surgery, and have referred pain in my shoulder, which seems to mean it is a nerve in the shoulder that's painful because of irritation from the surgery or gas used. Bit strange.

Do let me know if you have any experience of that, or hints or tips, meanwhile am swigging soluble paracetamol and feeling a tad sorry for myself. Also wrapping some Christmas presents and eating sloppy foods.

Glad to be back here.
I've had robotic surgery as well. It's amazing what surgeons can do.

Welcome back. It is so good to see you again.

I’m sorry you have pain in your shoulder. As was said earlier, heat or cold might help. Also physical therapy. Acupuncture.

There are some non-narcotic medications that have some success relieving nerve pain you could talk to your doctor about. Gabapentin and lyrica are two possibilities.

Thznx for replies and saying hello, it's good to be back!

About the pain, I saw the doc again today, who's done tests again to check for any possible issues, but currently it seems to be due to the fact I have had surgery on my stomach. The pain in my shoulder and arm is especially acute after eating. Weird. But apparently a common feature of such surgery.

To me it feels like when I've had a tooth abcess, in terms of levels of pain, but then it subsides after 20 minutes or so, and helped by paracetamol and being warm and still usually. And usually OK til I eat again, though cold can bring it on. And of course we are doing work on our bathroom involving having no heat or light in there... well we have battery lanterns, plus the new radiators now on the wall!

About the pain, I saw the doc again today, who's done tests again to check for any possible issues, but currently it seems to be due to the fact I have had surgery on my stomach. The pain in my shoulder and arm is especially acute after eating. Weird. But apparently a common feature of such surgery.
@Thinx, did your doctor give you a time frame for how long this may last?

It's so interesting (and sometimes, frustrating) how intricately connected all the parts of our bodies are. Tinker with the tummy and the shoulder gets angry.

Thznx for replies and saying hello, it's good to be back!

To me it feels like when I've had a tooth abcess, in terms of levels of pain, but then it subsides after 20 minutes or so, and helped by paracetamol and being warm and still usually. And usually OK til I eat again, though cold can bring it on. And of course we are doing work on our bathroom involving having no heat or light in there... well we have battery lanterns, plus the new radiators now on the wall!
Bad luck, that's meant to be unpleasant. My partner had the same. Here's what happens. When they do the keyhole surgery they use a bit of CO2 gas to inflate your stomach so they have room to manoeuvre inside. Any leftover gas can cause pressure on a nerve in your diaphragm which is felt as lower chest or even shoulder pain. It will disappear over the following days usually. Good job you got it checked though, if it's hanging around.

New Threads

Top Bottom