• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Am Thinking Of Becoming A Pharmacist.

Shiznown

I wanted to become a physical therapist, however the job availability sucks. Unless I want to stay in Maryland, or move to New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, California, or Massachusetts; I'd have to deal with sub-par pay and availability. As a pharmacist, job availability is everywhere and in fact the pay is better. Even in more rural areas, in more rural states the average seems to be in the $100,000 range. Even in a state such as Tennessee, the average salary is around that much. The however salary for a physical therapist in $80,000, BUT in places like Tennessee, it's closer to half that. I figure since both required the same amount of schooling, why not go the route where I'll have more work and get paid better; even when just starting out?

I wanted to become a physical therapist, however the job availability sucks. Unless I want to stay in Maryland, or move to New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, California, or Massachusetts; I'd have to deal with sub-par pay and availability. As a pharmacist, job availability is everywhere and in fact the pay is better. Even in more rural areas, in more rural states the average seems to be in the $100,000 range. Even in a state such as Tennessee, the average salary is around that much. The however salary for a physical therapist in $80,000, BUT in places like Tennessee, it's closer to half that. I figure since both required the same amount of schooling, why not go the route where I'll have more work and get paid better; even when just starting out?
My brother's ex-girlfriend is a pharmacist and she mostly likes it. She started out as a pharmacy technician while going through undergrad. Since the schooling is intense, you may want to see if this is something that you like first. You might consider working as a pharmacy tech for a spell.

Remember that money is not everything. I have had high paying jobs and even those salaries could not buy enough toys to make Monday morning any more tolerable. Choose something that you want to do versus chosing something solely on the merit of compensation. Gosh, if I could've done things over again, I never would've gone to college. I would've gone right to truck driving school.

New Threads

Top Bottom