• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am scared of the full moon which is happening in two days time

Gift2humanity

V.I.P Member
Please don’t share on this thread, bad experiences of the full moon.

I am scared of the full moon which is happening in two days time.
My mood is really low and I am prone to violent meltdowns which can be dangerous.
I looked out the window today and saw what I thought was the full moon and felt relieved however when I looked online I realised that the moon full moon is not until two days time and I am dreading it.
i’ll get really dark thoughts like when I wake up in the morning or should I say the night and generally feel worse and I feel vulnerable.

One thing I have said to myself is that it’s a full moon however new dark thoughts come and freak me out. I don’t know if anyone’s got any suggestions. I am just disappointed that it is not for another two days and I already feel really low.

Maybe try some meditation to see if that relaxes you on the night?

This one is to try and calm you down; have a listen to it at a comfortable volume through headphones while sitting/laying down (as long as you don't have anything urgent to do that requires your attention and making sure you won't be disturbed).
See what you think:

Autism Calming Sensory: Relaxing Music

Maybe try some meditation to see if that relaxes you on the night?

This one is to try and calm you down; have a listen to it at a comfortable volume through headphones while sitting/laying down (as long as you don't have anything urgent to do that requires your attention and making sure you won't be disturbed).
See what you think:

Autism Calming Sensory: Relaxing Music
It is kind of you to post that video. I am addicted to a large dose of tranquillisers and I find these interfere with my ability to meditate. My mind has always been full of that rubbish monkey chatter even before I got addicted to tranquilises.

Avoid scary movies, if you have been watching them. Our intellect argues that they are fake, but they still adversely impact our emotions.

I have had slightly similar experiences myself, so I get that.

I would recommend doing what you typically do to relax or occupy yourself and maybe do some more comfort activities or eat more comfort foods if possible. If it doesn't work out, just remember, these days are currently temporary as all time passes. You have the strength to get through it, and even as it may seem extremely difficult to bear, it will be over eventually and you will feel slightly more relieved as even that has helped me in the past. Good days will be coming once again.

Avoid scary movies, if you have been watching them. Our intellect argues that they are fake, but they still adversely impact our emotions.
Thank you I will avoid dark stuff like videos. I am listening to a trashy novel on audible but it is very slow going. I read the book years ago Jilly Cooper book but this audiobook is so slow.

I have had slightly similar experiences myself, so I get that.

I would recommend doing what you typically do to relax or occupy yourself and maybe do some more comfort activities or eat more comfort foods if possible. If it doesn't work out, just remember, these days are currently temporary as all time passes. You have the strength to get through it, and even as it may seem extremely difficult to bear, it will be over eventually and you will feel slightly more relieved as even that has helped me in the past. Good days will be coming once again.
I am sorry you have had similar experiences on the full moon I hope I come out the other side in two days feeling better.
I am housebound and online all day which doesn’t help.

I have just scared myself to death reading about the full moon in Virgo.
It mentions aggression. When I meltdown I am aggressive to myself.

I saw the moon was nearly full today, and thought how pretty it looks. The moon is actually a satellite that orbits Earth, to me it looks great, I am sorry to hear you feel uncomfortable about it, I mean, it's just a thing in the sky, it can't hurt you in any way.

Watch Pokemon.
Seriously hard to stay in dark thoughts with that one.
Oh. Full moon. Arrrrooooooooo! Sic! Lol.

Oh. And I'm like that with Halloween. Do not like that night at all.

I am sorry the full moon makes you anxious. I am also confused about why it being in virgo is bad (that's my sun sign), as from my readings its mostly concerned with earthiness and practicality.
Instead of dreading the full moon, why don't you take it as an opportunity to forgo as many responsibilities as possible, and spoil yourself. Binge watch a TV show you love, draw yourself a bath with some music, take a walk in your neighbourhood and feed the birds, bake or buy your favourite treat, read a chill book (I love reading children/young adult fiction when I'm sad).
The full moon can act as a reminder to take care of yourself and prioritize your wellbeing. Get enough sleep, eat good food, drink water. This is maybe a hard one to keep in mind when you're in the midst of a meltdown, but if you can, keep a glass of water near you at all times. If things start feeling like too much, chug it. It sounds weird but it's worked for me many times.
If you are working and able to take the day off, this might help to reduce the level of stress you experience that day.
Journaling may also be helpful. Write down your anxieties, worries and anything else on your mind and it might help you to work through some of the shadows trying to surface. at the least, it can help to lighten the load a bit.

You do realize how irrational your fear is, right? It may help to simply remind yourself of that.
I don’t think my fee is a rush now. Police emergency services mental hospitals these people all the parts high incidence on the night of the full moon.

Exercise of any type helps me with anxiety. Even if all i do is walk the floor, which i do alot and it helps. It depends on how much space and freedom you have at home, but there are things to indulge the senses in.

Phone a friend is always good to do, i put the phone in my pocket on speaker and putter around. Sugar, caffiene, nicotiene are all anxiety causers. Soda pop is a killer, you are not a humming bird. Smoking anything actually causes anxiety, it suppresses normal response, then it whams back, like interest on a credit card. Learn to do the nicotiene gum, its better for anxiety, if you smoke.

I need to find beginner basic yoga videos on some platform, the yoga has helped before.

Can you have an open fire safely where you live? It may not be legal in a city, or safe not sure. The city ppl have these fancy things you can buy now, like an out door decorative metal pan with a wire mesh lid for a campfire experience in the yard. May not be right for you, i find it soothing, but i live in a wierd way.

Reading anything aloud, like for public speaking practice. Ideally it should be something moving and important, like self help stuff, or something that appeals to you. I try and read aloud several times a week as i stutter sometimes, the reading aloud is supposed to help.

Do your affirmations, its a form of mental hygiene. Many many times a day you say them words of wisdom

Last edited:
Look on Youtube's home page before you plan to go to bed, sometimes there will be listings for soothing live music that plays all night. There's a subgenre of electronic music called "ambient", it is very mild and calm electronic music. There are Youtube channels that play ambient music all night. There are also stuff like nature sounds and such. Just play it and try to sleep.

Abusing tranquilizers is really dangerous, some people take so much that they fall asleep and never wake up. You need to get off them and find something non-chemical.

I won't post anything bad about the full moon.
I'll post something good. I like it! I feel better when it is full. And is very pretty.

I saw the mention of
Police emergency services mental hospitals these people all the parts high incidence on the night of the full moon.
This has been studied and scientifically if you think of the ocean tides and the affect a full moon has
on water and we are mostly water... well, this could make some sense.
But, why do some feel better?

This is just looking at it from a scientific, natural view.
I have that ambient music playing most all the time. It is a very soothing thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom