• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am scared of the full moon which is happening in two days time

I have just scared myself to death reading about the full moon in Virgo.
It mentions aggression. When I meltdown I am aggressive to myself.

I am sorry, i am kind of obsessed with astrology so i mentioned that without thinking.
Full moon in Virgo isn't really bad for everyone, i just mentioned i was worried since my mental state is not really good right now, so i was unsure if the change in the energies would affect me. I have been struggling with a lot of anxiety already for days.

We all have that monkey chatter going on. I find that focussing on my breathing or a focus word helps me to let go of the monkey chatter and not engage with it.
Thank you. I find it a challenge to do that. Right now, it feels insurmountable.

I won't post anything bad about the full moon.
I'll post something good. I like it! I feel better when it is full. And is very pretty.

I saw the mention of

This has been studied and scientifically if you think of the ocean tides and the affect a full moon has
on water and we are mostly water... well, this could make some sense.
But, why do some feel better?

This is just looking at it from a scientific, natural view.
I have that ambient music playing most all the time. It is a very soothing thing.
Just my opinion people in a good mental state like the full moon they even have parties and festivals.
Yes the body is made of water and you are right about the ties and the pull of the tights and the moon. This can be a very challenging time for people in a bad mental state like myself. I am finding it a real challenge to get through today. It’s so early. I know I have a real challenge ahead of meOver the weekend. This is because if my dangerous Melt downs.

I am sorry, i am kind of obsessed with astrology so i mentioned that without thinking.
Full moon in Virgo isn't really bad for everyone, i just mentioned i was worried since my mental state is not really good right now, so i was unsure if the change in the energies would affect me. I have been struggling with a lot of anxiety already for days.
I am glad you mentioned it. Now I know what challenges Lay a head. I read about the full moon, I googled it and it mentioned aggression and this really frightens me as I am alone all weekend and not only have I injured myself in the past I have broken my property my belongings.

There are so many real problems to have in this world, so why make up new ones? :eek:
The full moon is not a made up problem it’s scientifically proven that it governs the tides and Our bodies are full of water it does affect people with bad mental state and even online autistic people say it affects them.

I saw the moon was nearly full today, and thought how pretty it looks. The moon is actually a satellite that orbits Earth, to me it looks great, I am sorry to hear you feel uncomfortable about it, I mean, it's just a thing in the sky, it can't hurt you in any way.
The full moon does affect me it affects little autistic people and mentally ill people even staff in mental hospitals paramedics and police stations know this.

I am sorry the full moon makes you anxious. I am also confused about why it being in virgo is bad (that's my sun sign), as from my readings its mostly concerned with earthiness and practicality.
Instead of dreading the full moon, why don't you take it as an opportunity to forgo as many responsibilities as possible, and spoil yourself. Binge watch a TV show you love, draw yourself a bath with some music, take a walk in your neighbourhood and feed the birds, bake or buy your favourite treat, read a chill book (I love reading children/young adult fiction when I'm sad).
The full moon can act as a reminder to take care of yourself and prioritize your wellbeing. Get enough sleep, eat good food, drink water. This is maybe a hard one to keep in mind when you're in the midst of a meltdown, but if you can, keep a glass of water near you at all times. If things start feeling like too much, chug it. It sounds weird but it's worked for me many times.
If you are working and able to take the day off, this might help to reduce the level of stress you experience that day.
Journaling may also be helpful. Write down your anxieties, worries and anything else on your mind and it might help you to work through some of the shadows trying to surface. at the least, it can help to lighten the load a bit.
With regards to sleep I get about four hours a night I cannot help waking up too soon. I do keep water nearby. I am housebound. I find it when I’m feeling low I can’t concentrate on things but my overwhelming problems. I feel overloaded.

Don't buy into silly superstition. It's all made up stuff from the Dark Ages, when people knew nothing about science. It's literally just the sun shining on the moon without the earth's shadow getting in the way. Take this opportunity to look at the surface, and imagine that way, way up there, there is still an American flag standing, and boot prints from the first astonauts.
Have you looked online at the full moon not only are our bodies made of water the moon pulls the ocean tides, there is scientific research and even police paramedics and psychiatric staff know that mentally ill people get worse and a full moon why do you think it’s called Luna. Where do you think the word lunatic originate from?

Thank you. I find it a challenge to do that. Right now, it feels insurmountable.

Ok - just breathe and be very aware of your breathing, do it consciously and deliberately. Sense it in oyur whole being, turn your focus on the breath. Breathe and know that you are breathing.

I don’t think my fee is a rush now. Police emergency services mental hospitals these people all the parts high incidence on the night of the full moon.

You make it sound as though anarchy breaks out whenever the moon is full, like there are mass killings and people start changing into werewolves and whatnot. You’re quite clearly struggling with more than a little bit of neurosis. Have you seen a doctor or a counselor? Feeling afraid when the planet is positioned between the sun and the moon is no way to live.

You make it sound as though anarchy breaks out whenever the moon is full, like there are mass killings and people start changing into werewolves and whatnot. You’re quite clearly struggling with more than a little bit of neurosis. Have you seen a doctor or a counselor? Feeling afraid when the planet is positioned between the sun and the moon is no way to live.
Have you read the Evidence from the police and paramedics psychiatric staff. Where do you think the word lunatic comes from? It Comes from lunar, Meaning the moon.
The moon is what pulls ocean tides. Just seeing how much water is in our bodies the moon has an influence on all of this it is not superstition.

Have you read the Evidence from the police and paramedics psychiatric staff. Where do you think the word lunatic comes from? It Comes from lunar, Meaning the moon.
The moon is what pulls ocean tides. Just seeing how much water is in our bodies the moon has an influence on all of this it is not superstition.

I’ll answer this if you respond first to my post about anarchy and werewolves.

It's a very long time since the word lunatic was coined, or since it was used in mental health contexts. But this seems to be something you have a fixed idea about. Do you have any effective help for things you get fixated about?

It's a very long time since the word lunatic was coined, or since it was used in mental health contexts. But this seems to be something you have a fixed idea about. Do you have any effective help for things you get fixated about?
don't all autistic people get fixations?
you don't need to take my word for it there are autistic people who have written online about how the full moon affects them or their autistic children.

No I don't think all autistic people get fixations, but I think it's common to strongly focus on interests, for example. I can tell you find it hard to hear other ideas about this apart from what you already believe, but many on this thread have tried to offer other ideas or ways to look at this, or to comfort to you. I hope you have found the thread you made about this useful, and that you feel better soon.

I love the full moon. It allows me to do night hiking without a light. When I was a kid and had really good night vision I could almost read a newspaper by it. I can still read large black text on a white background. The moon is your friend.

I like to sleep outside and I find the light from a full moon bright enough to keep me awake. I like to drape a dark towel over my eyes to get to sleep. Once I'm asleep it doesn't bother me anymore. Maybe lack of sleep is what caused the original superstition to start, way back in the paleolithic era.

It is amazing how superstitions from our ancient past will persist despite modern science and all rational thought indicating otherwise.

Stories of increased craziness during a full moon are a beautiful example of confirmation bias. When someone goes nuts they go nuts. But nobody blames it on the first quarter or the last sliver of the moon because there's no myth about those phases. Someone goes nuts during a full moon and it gets seen as confirmation that people tend to go nuts then. You take greater note of evidence that supports your belief than evidence that disagrees with it.

There's also the matter of the self-fulfilling prophecy. If you believe you will go crazy on a full moon then it becomes more likely you will, driven by the belief but not by the actual phase of the moon. So, just stop believing and problem solved.

Full Moon Myths and Madness

New Threads

Top Bottom