• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am scared of the full moon which is happening in two days time

No I don't think all autistic people get fixations, but I think it's common to strongly focus on interests, for example. I can tell you find it hard to hear other ideas about this apart from what you already believe, but many on this thread have tried to offer other ideas or ways to look at this, or to comfort to you. I hope you have found the thread you made about this useful, and that you feel better soon.
I can be gullible but knowing. I’m gullible is helpful because it makes me more fussy about what I’m looking at and helps me to try and question are we even to ask if there’s anything I need to know.
There’s still time to build an underground bunker.
:)

Thank you for the link. I’ll be honest and admit I didn’t read it all. It’s from a mainstream source. The mainstream wants us to believe in the mundane and neglect the most important aspect of our lives, the spiritual, as the spiritual underlies the emotional, it helps us make better life choices. The word soul originates from the word psyche the mental state, mental illness is spiritual sickness. I am sorry for the differenent of pink in my replies. I have an iPad and I should really bad the stylist that comes with it as it is very difficult to use the fingers to highlight such tiny things on the screen.
It does mention nurses in other stuff.
I don’t believe in superstition and they have not studied miss in for class but Miss and 4 o’clock I created so that stories could be taught to children who would then pass the stories and think of the children and the stories are very symbolic and Jane like to Embed themselves into the consciousness of the children so that they could grow off wise and live a good legacy. I don’t believe in superstition. Superstition is a red herring and I think that was created to confuse the masses and as the age is more than humans wanted to control each other more and more and then of the wisdom was lost.
I love the full moon. It allows me to do night hiking without a light. When I was a kid and had really good night vision I could almost read a newspaper by it. I can still read large black text on a white background. The moon is your friend.
True when we are depressed and anxious We see the negative in things.
Rainfall on the window is a nice relaxing sound right to somebody depressed and anxious with financial trouble with a leak in the window that is what they will focus on, inability to afford window repair.
You sound like you are mentally balanced and the parts of your autism which are good you have use to your advantage such as love of nature.
I recently made something from William Blake I can’t remember the exact wording a spiritual person with marvellous a tree where is a non-spiritual person will see it is a green thing that gets in the way or something like that.

I like to sleep outside and I find the light from a full moon bright enough to keep me awake. I like to drape a dark towel over my eyes to get to sleep. Once I'm asleep it doesn't bother me anymore. Maybe lack of sleep is what caused the original superstition to start, way back in the paleolithic era.
When I smoked pot, I erroneously thought it was connecting me to nature. I was abusing the sacred plant. I did enjoy feasting my eyes on the views of the trees. I don’t sleep well, I have trouble staying asleep, I wake too soon, my sleep is interrupted.

It is amazing how superstitions from our ancient past will persist despite modern science and all rational thought indicating otherwise.
I don’t think these things are superstitious. The engines are much more in tune with the energies of nature and significance of the full moon. I mentioned it before earlier on in the thread that the moon governs the pool of the oceans tides and the fact that our bodies are mostly water and are affected by the moon including our brain.
Stories of increased craziness during a full moon are a beautiful example of confirmation bias. When someone goes nuts they go nuts. But nobody blames it on the first quarter or the last sliver of the moon because there's no myth about those phases. Someone goes nuts during a full moon and it gets seen as confirmation that people tend to go nuts then. You take greater note of evidence that supports your belief than evidence that disagrees with it.
I have spoken to staff twho deal with the public and they say that they are busier on full moon nights I think I spoke to a paramedic and a policeman. I read that the police say the police stations are more busy with people held in police custody drunken nights out when there is a full moon.I have two times a day when my mood dips the first is the small hours and then wake up and the second begins in the evening and lasts until before bedtime.
I even mentioned earlier that I read about the parents of autistic children and the more challenging times around the full moon.
Sometimes I deliberately avoid looking at the lunar calendar however I have very large windows and I cannot miss the moon shining from them this is what brought me to make this thread. With regards to studies a lot of them are flawed as comparisons and other things are missed and different results I’m conclusions are arrived at.

There's also the matter of the self-fulfilling prophecy. If you believe you will go crazy on a full moon then it becomes more likely you will, driven by the belief but not by the actual phase of the moon. So, just stop believing and problem solved.
I think there are times when I have been on stable I’m looks at the lunar calendar to find a full moon. I do not have lunar calendar map doubt because this would cause me to obsess which we do no good at all. I also believe only agree with what you say that if you convince yourself something will happen it is more likely to.
Full Moon Myths and Madness

So it's not simply a full moon belief, you seem to have an entire system of belief based on various energies and spirits and things like that, meaning it wouldn't be simple to simply eradicate the full moon belief. Your rejection of "mainstream" information is also part of the equation.

You seem to believe that because some autistic people claimed it was true, it is therefore true. Do you see how this isn't the best line of thinking? You can find some people claiming anything, things you would immediately know are false. There are witnesses for every claim. "Some people believe it, so I believe it," is part of what's happening here.

Look passed it.

Just as the moon waxes, it wains too.
I also have a bit of a wobble around that time.
I also know it's a temporary state and will have passed as soon as it arrived.

If you're expecting a dip in mood to coincide with a luna phase, prep in advance.
Organise your schedule to include time to take good care of yourself til your state shifts :)

My sis is an ER nurse, and I asked her if it’s true that emergency rooms are busier when the moon is full. Her reply: “Yes! And bizarre cases.”

THat may help from the enemies without, but it does not really help with the enemies within. (ie the ones you have taken with you into the bunker)

Indeed. But in a bunker, one would at least be physically shielded from the wicked, scheming gaze of the moon.

So it's not simply a full moon belief, you seem to have an entire system of belief based on various energies and spirits and things like that, meaning it wouldn't be simple to simply eradicate the full moon belief. Your rejection of "mainstream" information is also part of the equation.

You seem to believe that because some autistic people claimed it was true, it is therefore true. Do you see how this isn't the best line of thinking? You can find some people claiming anything, things you would immediately know are false. There are witnesses for every claim. "Some people believe it, so I believe it," is part of what's happening here.
I have no problem with rejecting the mainstream. I see it is following the herd. I tried this for most of my life before I realised and had to face the truth that I am not part of the heard and that there are phenomena that do make sense to me because I have started to try and think outside of the conventional box.

We are spirits living in a material world as sting once song. Our bodies carry our souls. While I will material bodies of vehicles for our souls are deaf these bodies are no longer needed and Our souls reincarnate. This is the meaning of life. Expansion of consciousness, being more consciously aware,
I spent most of my life following the Mainstream narrative despite the fact that it didn’t even occur to me to ask whether or not it made sense which it doesn’t. The wider more spiritual side of life makes sense.
The scientists like Einstein and Tesla knew of the spiritual.
The psychiatrists such as Jung etc, Took into account the spiritual and were able to make more sense of mental ailments rather than just drugging them.
There are people on the web who debunk the full moon and there are people with different beliefs to me I choose to believe the people whose thoughts on it make more sense to me be the policeman psychiatrists nurses Sharmans Or anybody so long as it makes sense to me as an individual.

Last edited:
Well then you're going to keep having this full moon problem. :eek: But whatever you think is best! I'll pray for you!

How are you today @Gift2humanity ?
Better, I have had some dark thoughts though.
I have this medication I’m supposed to take on an empty stomach, it’s a hormone, and if you take it when your stomach is not empty it can sedate you.
Well I take it before bed, my stomach takes ages to empty, I don’t think my stomach was fully empty when I wanted to go to bed, so that sedation may have prevented a meltdown.

Glad you made it through the full moon. Thought come and thoughts go, its your choice if you engage with them and spend time with them.

Glad you made it through the full moon. Thought come and thoughts go, its your choice if you engage with them and spend time with them.
It is my choice if I engage with them. Have you heard of intrusive thoughts? I also get obsessed which is a pain.

I'm very sorry that the full moon is a challenge for you. I personally love the full moon. It shines down on us and lights the night. It's beautiful and friendly. People used to talk about "the man in the moon," personifying the moon's friendliness.

I'm very sorry that the full moon is a challenge for you. I personally love the full moon. It shines down on us and lights the night. It's beautiful and friendly. People used to talk about "the man in the moon," personifying the moon's friendliness.
I was thinking about this phenomena.
Full moon is celebrated and sensitive people who are mentally balance can feel the positive energies and also on a material level enjoy the brightness and the magic of it.
As for the mentally unbalanced, it can be a problem but this makes sense as we are mostly water and the moon governs the people of not only the ocean tides but also of any water including that in our bodies and brains.

New Threads

Top Bottom