• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am going for an emotional and spiritual liberation.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Forget those who live to keep me boxed up in situations where they want me to believe I should sacrifice myself to the wolves who wish to harm me.

Forget those who condone predatory behavior under the line of "hurt people hurt people, you should try to be a better friend to those who violate your boundaries".

Forget all of that.

I am living for myself. I have to be selfish here. If I cannot love and respect myself first, how the hell can I love and respect anybody in the world?

Honestly, I'm probably wrong, but I think the world would be a better place if people respected themselves more. Sometimes being tolerant of mistreatment can unintentionally lead people to believe that their actions are perfectly justified, and I'm not 100% sure if this is the best route to go. Obviously we can only set such boundaries for ourselves, but it's worth choosing again if something in our lives feels out of alignment.

Of course, we all have our own traumas (myself included) that can change our attitude about what we're willing to accept from others, but we're all at least somewhat capable of having a second look.

Go for it! It is about your own happiness after all~

Having self confidence and respect are sadly dwindling things in this current world. Be the outlier, not the example.

Forget those who live to keep me boxed up in situations where they want me to believe I should sacrifice myself to the wolves who wish to harm me.

Forget those who condone predatory behavior under the line of "hurt people hurt people, you should try to be a better friend to those who violate your boundaries".

Forget all of that.

I am living for myself. I have to be selfish here. If I cannot love and respect myself first, how the hell can I love and respect anybody in the world?
GO FOR IT!!!

Forget all of that.

So TRUE
And so true for me as well.
This is what it is always easy to believe ot feel guilty for boundaries and I had a hard time with it.
But I was burnt out and unwell and needed them in place.
Because the person who cares for everyone needs loves and care as well.
And if that is not available at the present moment at least you can try to take care of you especially with no support, it is integral
And yes it is very easy to feel guilty for the people who hurt you and try to understand it but it is never something you should tolerate or think of as love.
And it is true sometimes it is necessary to take care of yourself first particularly for very generous people.
And especially when you are unwell, burnt out and have done so much for others
But you cannot be a good person or love others well if you cannot focus on your own trauma or taking care of YOU
And as my mum always said 'that is not selfish'

New Threads

Top Bottom