• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to post?

shysnail

In the last few days, I've been struggling to post replies on the forum. Whenever I press the button to submit, a loading box comes up in the top right-hand corner for maybe 20 seconds or so, then disappears and the reply remains unposted.

I had found that switching from Rich Text editor to BB Code was working as a way to make the replies submit, but today, even that's not going through.

I've tried using both Chrome and Firefox and the situation is the same. Any suggestions why this might be?

Thanks!

It's happened to me as well. There can be all kinds of reasons, the mysterious 'cloud' based XenForo is occasionally down. Your ISP can be, depending on your connection, even if for a few seconds, your wifi can be inundated with other traffic nearby especially if your roaming.

I've had my connection slow down because my virus program is updating (which makes me really mad) as if uses a lot of system resources for a short time. My broadband connection slows down at certain times of the day. Sometimes there are outages in google based browsers and or google generally: Google Down? Service Status, Map, Problems History - Outage.Report

You might search in your area, or ISP for outages. Also, one thing I've discovered that works sometimes is, refreshing the browser, it seems to force the post to be added to the site. Copy the post first, so you don't lose it.

I thought it might be just a connection issue when it started happening, but it's been a few days now, and I'm not having problems on other sites. The pages on this site load normally for me, too, it's just when it comes to posting. Refreshing doesn't work either, annoyingly.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a character limit for quick replies (like when you just type in the box at the bottom of the page, as opposed to going onto the full screen reply page)? Stumbling around in the dark here, but I've had a couple of shorter replies go through without issue so it's got me thinking.

I thought it might be just a connection issue when it started happening, but it's been a few days now, and I'm not having problems on other sites. The pages on this site load normally for me, too, it's just when it comes to posting. Refreshing doesn't work either, annoyingly.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a character limit for quick replies (like when you just type in the box at the bottom of the page, as opposed to going onto the full screen reply page)? Stumbling around in the dark here, but I've had a couple of shorter replies go through without issue so it's got me thinking.
Can you offer more detail on the box at the bottom of the page as opposed to the full screen reply?
Possibly a screen shot of it?

I always use the box at the bottom of the page for all my replies and never had a problem. But my responses are usually short.
I've never used the Reply with the arrow button to respond, if that is what you mean by full screen response page.
Do what Nitro said, he is the expert, and in the meantime try making shorter responses using the box at the bottom of the page instead of the Reply button.

I'm putting links to my screenshots, as I can't get the upload a file function to work (I know, I know, my incompetence with that adds to a general sense that this is something I'm doing wrong that's making the site not work for me :D)

This is what I mean by quick reply:
quickreply.jpg

And here is what I mean by the full page reply, after you've clicked "more options" at the bottom:
fullpagereply.jpg

Is there any difference in terms of how much you can post using these two different boxes?

I'm putting links to my screenshots, as I can't get the upload a file function to work (I know, I know, my incompetence with that adds to a general sense that this is something I'm doing wrong that's making the site not work for me :D)

This is what I mean by quick reply:
quickreply.jpg

And here is what I mean by the full page reply, after you've clicked "more options" at the bottom:
fullpagereply.jpg

Is there any difference in terms of how much you can post using these two different boxes?
Quite honestly, I've never used a full page reply, I always use the quick one.

Sometimes we experience server lag, which can produce that error and sometimes it is due to connectivity issues on the users side.

I will see to it that this gets passed on to IT so it can be further investigated to see of it is a fault within our site.

Not a huge essay or anything. I'd say a post of a few paragraphs or more, I have the problem. Thanks for taking a look and passing it on to IT. Most helpful of you ;)

How many characters are you attempting to post at once?

Image upload test:

American Eskimo.jpg

No issues with images either...

Text test:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.

Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.

Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at.
Vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.

Using Firefox 67.0.1 -system proxy settings applied.

I have an update! I can post stuff from my phone when I'm using my network data rather than my wifi, so the problem must be on my end, with the wifi. Not sure how I'm going to fix it as of yet, but at least the culprit has been identified. Thanks everyone who chimed in with suggestions and tried to help me out. Much appreciated!

I've posted very long messages and always from the quick reply box. I'm on dialup and this site runs better than most websites. My posts show up in about 2 seconds. I have no problems with it.

Hope you get it figured out.

In the last few days, I've been struggling to post replies on the forum. Whenever I press the button to submit, a loading box comes up in the top right-hand corner for maybe 20 seconds or so, then disappears and the reply remains unposted.

I had found that switching from Rich Text editor to BB Code was working as a way to make the replies submit, but today, even that's not going through.

I've tried using both Chrome and Firefox and the situation is the same. Any suggestions why this might be?

Thanks!

I wondered if you might tell me how to start a new post? I dont know how to do that. Any help would be appreciated, even if its a redirect to someone who could tell me. Thank you :)

Starting from the home page, you will see this:
home page.JPG

Select the forums tab beside the home tab
This will appear:
forums page.JPG

Scroll down the page until you see the choices of forum areas:
forum areas.JPG

Select which area you want to post to, this example being the General Autism Discussion:
general.JPG

Then scroll again until you see this:
post new.JPG

Which will open to this:
create thread.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom