• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many onions have you got?

OK so we just came back from the Asian grocery store with a bag of shallots, probably about 20. What does the shallot scale say about that?

Good one, @Judge! @Progster, think "Absurdity as High Art" and you'll get a better sense of what the Magnificent FridgeMagnet is doing here. Another way of looking at it is that he is traversing the comedy tightrope. On a unicycle. Without a net. While juggling onions.

OK so we just came back from the Asian grocery store with a bag of shallots, probably about 20. What does the shallot scale say about that?

This is the onion thread. I specifically said no time wasters.

Also I am suspicious about the quantity.

So let me be clear.
You've bought the wrong thing.
You dont even know how many.
This is science. Probably doesnt cut it.

I just now have had time to count them. 5 large, two of which are yellow and three are red. Also a bag of green ones in the fridge.

Onion counts seem like a likely topic for a fridge magnet man.

The real issue is, "Does the light stay on when you close the door...?"
coldwinter_orig.gif
How did you get this sticker? I didn’t know you could add this on forums. It’s cool. - literally and metaphorically. Lol

:( Do we need onions to help aspies cry on Valentine’s Day?
Three onions, one for each lover that I don’t have.

5 I guess... Though maybe they don't count as onions anymore. Last time I checked they started spouting sprouts, roots and overall living their own life. These kids grow up so quickly.

Fitting that Fridge talks about Fridge-items! I have no onions :-( but lots of garlic and eating it now. I love it. I like shallots, too, and also red onions, though out now. Hmmm....come to think of it, now I know why I have no one to spend Valentines' Day with.

Fitting that Fridge talks about Fridge-items! I have no onions :-( but lots of garlic and eating it now. I love it. I like shallots, too, and also red onions, though out now. Hmmm....come to think of it, now I know why I have no one to spend Valentines' Day with.
Onions shouldn't be refrigerated though. This article says:
Onions- "They like their original mesh bag (or any bag that allows for air circulation) in the pantry. But keep them away from potatoes, which emit moisture and gases that can cause onions to rot."
Source: 10 Things You Should Not Refrigerate
Sorry @Fridgemagnetman, I will not allow you to destroy my onions.

Some of you guys just aren't taking this seriously at all.

I'm trying to help you.

Not many people can read the onions.

Last edited:
I found these in my pantry, they may have belonged to my Gram, but they still make a noise when you shake the can, so my count goes up:

french-s-original-french-fried-onions-1697-p.jpg
club_house_onion_minced_800.ashx

At least twenty more onions. I also have onion flakes and onion powder, you didn't mention if they have to be fresh.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom