• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many onions have you got?

Aaaahhhhh, I think maybe 2? Frankly, I'm still half asleep and too lazy to get up and count them.

Onion counts seem like a likely topic for a fridge magnet man.

The real issue is, "Does the light stay on when you close the door...?"
coldwinter_orig.gif

Hubby came home with a huge bag of onions and at first I was horrified and his reasoning was: they were on special offer! But...but, there are only two of us!

I looked up and found out that onions keep for a long time and so, that eased up my "I hate waste".

What I do with them, is peel and cut and freeze and then, when I need them, there they are. I also discovered a way to stop stinging eyes. I peel each one and put them in a bowl of cold water and I peeled at least 5 a day, all without painful eyes and now, the bag is in the recycing bin and all the onions are chopped and ready to use when ever I need them.

Onions, garlic and such, are fanastic to keep the immune system working.

Hubby came home with a huge bag of onions and at first I was horrified and his reasoning was: they were on special offer! But...but, there are only two of us!

I looked up and found out that onions keep for a long time and so, that eased up my "I hate waste".

What I do with them, is peel and cut and freeze and then, when I need them, there they are. I also discovered a way to stop stinging eyes. I peel each one and put them in a bowl of cold water and I peeled at least 5 a day, all without painful eyes and now, the bag is in the recycing bin and all the onions are chopped and ready to use when ever I need them.

Onions, garlic and such, are fanastic to keep the immune system working.

No statement of how many. I suspect your husband is also off the chart.

This is an unusual topic. Sounds like you need to make French onion soup, which I did just last week! Or pickle the onions for long term storage and use on sandwiches, tacos, and anything else that goes with pickles. I currently have 5 large white onions, 2 shallots, 2 red onions, and 1 yellow onion. There's a pair of leeks in the fridge and a pot of chives growing on the back deck, too. I have tons of garlic which I grow myself, hang to dry in our garage, and then store in the kitchen so I never have to buy garlic.

Shallots have a different chart.

Thats 8 onions. My onion chart reads : confident, and resolute, with strong opinions and a caring heart, which you can be sometimes afraid to share.

Alas, I have zero onions. My wife hates 'em in every way, shape or form. I have to sneak 'em into the house one or two at a time right before I use 'em.

New Threads

Top Bottom