• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How long do clothes last

Sounds like you need some jeans, they last a long time and signs of wear aren't a deficit.

I used to feel that way, but giant holes in the back so everyone can see your underwear isn't a great look.

I used to patch my jeans up and they ended up looking rather unique. But I left the hippie look back when I got rid of my dreadlocks. Not sure I'd do that anymore.

I find it interesting that a lot of people here are into baggier clothing. I used to wear baggy clothing. But being tall and slim I realised that skinny fit clothing suited me better.

Ed

I have worn shirts that have lasted for years. Socks tend to last around a year or longer for me depending on how long I wear them and how much I walk during that time. I'm clumsy sometimes but I've never really had fabric rip from banging my elbows into walls. I've had some pants that I have had for around 3-4 years and I still get use out of them. I'm glad you have enough energy to do that as a stim, most of the time I struggle to sit up so swaying for that long weekly would probably be impossible for me.

I'm clumsy too - and I often get clothes ripped or covered in substances that will stain them. Wool jumpers will always get snagged too. How about your experiences?

Pretty much this though not really covered, just kind of splattered here & there.

I made a rule for myself to keep a couple of prs of pants and shirts aside. These I wear only for going outside to the shops etc. That way, I’m not walking around town with paint or dirt or food stains.
I’m also tall, so baggie clothing can look odd. At home I wear whatever is comfortable, & bare feet or flip flops or thick merino socks in winter.
I get a couple of years from most clothes but socks wear out faster.
My jackets and coats have lasted for 10 or more years.

Last edited:
I like the idea of owning multiple sets of the same clothes. That'd suit me down to the ground. I often wish I'd done so with shoes that I ended up loving to wear.

Ed

I used to wear polyester suits when I worked at the ford plant water dripping on me in the Phosphate system would quickly dry .

I have clothes that I wear that were my mothers and she died over 30 years ago. My clothes last a few years except underwear. I replace socks and underwear about once a year. When my jeans get to where I don't want to wear them in public because of their appearance they become my work jeans. I have outdoor work jeans, indoor work and wear jeans and going out in public jeans. Tops last for years and again I have work tops and going out tops. The same with coats and jackets.

When I'm at home, I only wear pajamas. In fact, when I come in the front door, the first thing I do every time is change into my pajamas. Even if I'm going out again in a couple hours, and will have to change my clothes again. I hate waistbands and elastic and tight fabrics.

I like the idea of owning multiple sets of the same clothes. That'd suit me down to the ground. I often wish I'd done so with shoes that I ended up loving to wear.

Ed

I actually do that. I have many pairs of the same pants, shorts, and tee shirts. When I find something I like, I stick with it!

Clothing lasts me forever, as I mostly buy quality second hand fabrics, but one of my stims is pacing, so I wear out my shoes and socks pretty quickly- I can wear out the sole on a pair of fairly good quality shoes ($80 CAD) within 2 months.

New Threads

Top Bottom