• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you take your coffee?

Black if it's proper coffee
It used to be black no sugar for instant. Now it's with lots of milk and some sugar.

Maybe it'll change again in the future.

Instant coffee is grim though. Especially the stuff we get at work.

Ed

New York style for me, light and sweet. But it has to be a good quality bean.

I use a French Press also. Stirring with a spoon briefly after pouring in the water seems to take the flavor up a notch.

New York style for me, light and sweet. But it has to be a good quality bean.

I use a French Press also. Stirring with a spoon briefly after pouring in the water seems to take the flavor up a notch.
Explain what New York Style is please?

Explain what New York Style is please?

Just with lots of milk/cream and sugar. It's an older term. Not sure if still used today. I looked it up and found a coffee with cream and sugar is also called a 'regular' coffee (In NYC). It also apparently refers to a coffee with coffee cake crumbs in it (or something). I love both of those but not mixed together. I don't like anything mixed together really. ;)

My Mom (who was Italian/Sicilian) started us kids with first tea and then coffee from a young age (like 5-6) but it was half milk, lots of sugar and just some tea/coffee. Maybe an ethnic thing.

*yay* coffee!

So currently we are using these beans: expresso tipo di Napoli by Caffe Ferrari. I drink regular cups with a boat load of barista oat milk (I think barista style milks just have some oil in to carry the flavor more).

On hot days we make caffe leccese which is a speciality from southern italy:

1. Make one expresso and chill by standing the glass in a bowl of cold water
2. Add ice to a 1dl glass
3. Add some latte di mandorla (almond syrup) to taste
4. Add the cool expresso coffee and enjoy!

Last edited:
How I take my coffee: plain dark roast and with plenty of non-dairy creamer. How I'd like to take it is flavored, with half and half and 4 heaping tablespoons of sugar! I am also very partial to Greek coffee with medium level of sweetness, but that's a rare treat.

I am looking for new coffee recipes to snazz up my cuppa in the morning. All I own is a french press for brewing, and would like to try new things.

I have heard a rumour of Finnish coffee.

Use a white cup/mug
Fill with coffee till you can't see the bottom
Add vodka till you can see the bottom
Finish off with coffee in the space available
Enjoy (responsibly)

I have heard a rumour of Finnish coffee.

Use a white cup/mug
Fill with coffee till you can't see the bottom
Add vodka till you can see the bottom
Finish off with coffee in the space available
Enjoy (responsibly)
Yikes! I don't think that would wake me up in the morning. I'd be sleeping until tomorrow!

Instant decaf and depending on how much I want to suffer and how much it makes me suffer, it gives me indigestion and depending on how sweet either sweetened soya or oat milk unsweetened.
I can't drink coffee from ground roast beans the oil is too strong

New Threads

Top Bottom