• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you take your coffee?

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I am looking for new coffee recipes to snazz up my cuppa in the morning. All I own is a french press for brewing, and would like to try new things.

I don't use coffee because I'm allergic to caffeine.
Even decaf has too much caffeine in it.

That doesn't mean I don't sometimes read about coffee.

Are you familiar with this?
Navajo Coffee: More Dessert than Coffee

upload_2021-7-25_16-47-49.png

There is another paragraph in the article and two videos.

try a bit of cardamom in with the coffee.

My favourite is Turkish coffee with a bit of cardamom

What little of it that I drink is generally a donut shop coffee with Reeses creamers in it :)

I brew my coffee with a little cinnamon. That is as fancy as I want a cuppa joe. When working in Indonesia, I enjoyed Kopi Luwak, from coffee cherries digested by Palm Civets. Sounds distasteful, but it is an amazingly spicy and aromatic coffee. That is as exotic as coffee gets. Horrendously expensive especially if you get the wild rather than the "farmed" variety where caged Civets are force fed the coffee cherries which I think is horribly cruel. Unless you know a reputable source I wouldn't bother

Always drinking it black with sugar, it's all dependent on the coffee itself. Most of the time I tend to buy Dunkin Donuts medium roast. But I'm always open to trying something new.

I like Café Direct Machu Picchu coffee, it's from Peru. I make it in a cafetiere. And add cold skimmed milk It's got a rich, smooth, chocolatey depth. Mmmm.

I like Café Direct Machu Picchu coffee, it's from Peru. I make it in a cafetiere. And add cold skimmed milk It's got a rich, smooth, chocolatey depth. Mmmm.

I have to try this now. I normally drink Community dark roast black.

I'm not as particular about food textures as some people are, but I think that Navajo Coffee would make me gag because of the texture.

I've recently gotten back into roasting my own coffee beans and bought a good coffee grinder. I use a pour over method with a "coffee sock" for a filter (a cone shaped coffee filter made out of reusable organic unbleached cotton).

I do have a french press but I haven't used it in a long time. It used to be my preferred method for years but I think it contributed to borderline high cholesterol. Apparently there are oils in coffee that can raise cholesterol that french press doesn't filter out but other kinds of filters do.

I used to be part owner in a coffeehouse many years ago so I was way into coffee and espresso back then.

Now I'm down to one caffeinated cup in the morning and then a few cups of decaf during the day. I do take my coffee with a bit of half and half cream.

I don't use coffee because I'm allergic to caffeine.
Even decaf has too much caffeine in it.

That doesn't mean I don't sometimes read about coffee.

Are you familiar with this?
Navajo Coffee: More Dessert than Coffee

View attachment 69251
There is another paragraph in the article and two videos.
Awww old fashioned ways. From long ago. Breadcrumbs in coffee. What about toasted chicory root? Cornflower blue.....

:DI usually take it sitting down.

:cool:Ok, really... I make coffee in a Greca Coffee Maker; then, I add Almond Milk... sometimes I also add a tea spoon of coconut oil (it's healthy and it seems that you're adding some fancy flavor).

Note: I like milk, but I'm lactose intolerant, and I like soy milk, but I read somewhere that soy is not good for autistics, so I stopped drinking soy milk too.
I usually look all over for special offers in Almond milk (since it's expensive).

So I enjoy Nescafe black with nothing in it. Yes, instant.

Now one of my coworkers likes to drop in and dissolve a white chocolate Lindt truffle in her hot, dark roast coffee. I’ve not tried it but if you like goodies in your coffee this may be a nice option.

Great post.

So I enjoy Nescafe black with nothing in it. Yes, instant.

Now one of my coworkers likes to drop in and dissolve a white chocolate Lindt truffle in her hot, dark roast coffee. I’ve not tried it but if you like goodies in your coffee this may be a nice option.

Great post.
Dude... She is living her best life.

"How do you take your coffee?" Very, very seriously. I once had meltdown in west Texas because the only coffee to be found was ancient, burnt, gas station swill. Ever since then I always travel with my kettle, grinder and pourover set up. May I never be undone by the bean again!

New Threads

Top Bottom