• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you feel today- Song Editon

On my mind these past few days: the weight of the message, the song's history and its sadness...

A diamond necklace played the pawn
Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
To a handsome man and baton
A blind class aristocracy
Back through the opera glass you see
The pit and the pendulum drawn
Columinated ruins domino

Canvass the town and brush the backdrop
Are you sleeping?

Hung velvet overtaken me
Dim chandelier awaken me
To a song dissolved in the dawn
The music hall a costly bow
The music all is lost for now
To a muted trumpeter swan
Columinated ruins domino

Canvass the town and brush the backdrop
Are you sleeping, Brother John?

Dove nested towers the hour was
Strike the street quicksilver moon
Carriage across the fog
Two-Step to lamp lights cellar tune
The laughs come hard in Auld Lang Syne

The glass was raised, the fired rose
The fullness of the wine, the dim last toasting
While at port adieu or die

A choke of grief heart hardened I
Beyond belief a broken man too tough to cry

Surf's up
Aboard a tidal wave
Come about hard and join
The young and often spring you gave
I heard the word
Wonderful thing
A children's song

Child, child, child, child, child
A child is the father of the man

Last edited:
^ Ya know, I really love that song. It's probably my favorite song he ever wrote. Just the sheer lyricism. And the ending melody is one of the best ending of a song, ever, I love it. I think he used that same melody,outro lines in an outtake song, which I also like. Then I find out, there's even a 67 documentary hosted by Leonard Bernstein, where he plays it on piano. The Schizophrenia like structure of the lyrics, mystical states, LSD, it's really so 60's. The cryptic lyrics may be natural by-product of his mind, like a John Frusiciante song, which I find is similar, or maybe it was done in the cut up method like boroughs, which Bowie admitted using to wrote his songs.

I had minor obsession on her some years ago. But now I don't even listen to her. I supose if I listened to her more, I might get into her again, Sioux soux. She reminds me of Jim Morrison here, her voice, Her phrasing.

Maybe my favorite song from Hendix. But, it's hard to say. He never made a bad one.
It's a catchy tune. A 'earworm' as they call it. And it has reccurred in my mind many times over the years. I think i might have a touch of bipolar, or as it was referred to back in the 60's Manic depression'. Every couple of months, my mood will go up, then down, then up. You know, it's hard being ASD, sometimes, you're emotional system is just all out of whack. And not capable of dealing with life stressors that don't bother other people in the slightest.

I think lately I've written too many motivational support letters so I need to stop doing this, but I really listen to words of what I can't say to someone, the music helps me process my feelings as I rarely find people who validate my inner world.

This was my favourite necklace I made over a decade ago, it's a magik amulet that helps me to have a voice so I can do all things I usually can't. (I'm not crazy of schitso it just helps me to process)

Attachments

• IMG_20230403_120839_042.jpg
    IMG_20230403_120839_042.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 49

New Threads

Top Bottom