• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How Do You Feel About Being Alone?

I think unless you are stranded on a remote island, it is pretty hard to be completely isolated. There are going to be people around. You will still be around them and interact some even if briefly and rarely.

But, you can chase them away with a broom! :p

I'm heading towards a hikikomori lifestyle to a great extent. I only need a few social contacts online to make me happy. ;)

It was interesting to read about the hikikomori lifestyle. l have defintely contemplated staying at home for the rest of my life, it's good l don't live with my mom after my divorce, because l would have snuck right into that. The way l have been treated by society leaves me to feel this way.

So lonely, so lonely, got nobody for my own. My gf lives halfway across the world, this covid sucks i want to see her but cant in person it makes me sad.

Im crying im sorry so many emotions kicking in i love her so much i feel deep shes another me i love her too much. And feel lonley at the same time nobody is like her i have met.

I'm heading towards a hikikomori lifestyle to a great extent. I only need a few social contacts online to make me happy. ;)

Will you eat lots of yakisoba while in hikikomori?

I looked that up and that is pretty much my lifestyle. However I do like to get outdoors for at least an hour a day. But walks where I don't encounter others.

Think l would be fine if strange young men didn't have a thought process of shoving thenselves on senior woman where l live. This virus has really brought out human lazy cockroaches.

Last edited:
Think l would be find if strange young men didn't have a thought process of shoving thenselves on senior woman where l live. This virus has really brought out human lazy cockroaches.

If one of them happened to look like the guy in my avatar, I apologize.

I like being alone most of the time. I live with my boyfriend but we’re often silently doing our own thing. Having the option to be social is nice though. I do feel alone sometimes, when my boyfriend is unexpectedly away and I have nothing to do. When I was single and living by myself I felt alone more often.

Most of my friends don’t really understand that I prefer being by myself and that my reluctance to hang out isn’t personal.

I was happy when we were on lockdown because of covid, I didn’t have to make excuses not to meet up.

I spend most of my time by myself, so I don't feel strongly about it in any way. I'd like to have a friend irl to socialize with, but I'm used to being alone so it doesn't bother me that often.

I go through phases where i want to be alone and phases where i don't want to be alone, but currently i would rather be alone.

I feel a little better, i took my meds and talked to her on steam, its cold where shes at its winter in Australia and wish to physically be there to keep her warm and safe, a few days ago she was scared and shaking....I calmed her down and virtually embraced her and relaxed her and ensured she felt safe.

Think l would be fine if strange young men didn't have a thought process of shoving thenselves on senior woman where l live. This virus has really brought out human lazy cockroaches.
What if they were dirty old men like master roshi? Lol

I feel a little better, i took my meds and talked to her on steam, its cold where shes at its winter in Australia and wish to physically be there to keep her warm and safe, a few days ago she was scared and shaking afraid China might invade Australia, i reassured thats not gonna happen, USA has Australias back. I calmed her down and virtually embraced her and relaxed her and ensured she felt safe.

I'm from Australia, too. The experts don't think china will make a move on Australia before the end of the decade, if ever. China will take over Taiwan before us. You can tell her I said so. ;)

Aspie women don't think like NT women here, though I am no expert.
You aren't the first aspie female I have heard say this.

New Threads

Top Bottom