• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How Do You Feel About Being Alone?

Some days are worse than others.

Being around people is uncomfortable, but I don't really want to have to do EVERYTHING by myself.

I'm sick of trying to make friends. It's a lot of work and you get nothing back.

My biggest desire is seclusion but I need to have a friend.

At least one in-person human that gets me.

Just one.

I like this saying and has applied to most my friendships:
"I dont burn bridges, I just fail to maintain them and the slowly break down over time."

I see being alone and loneliness as opposite ends of the spectrum. Loneliness is when everyone has let me go, nobody wants to know how I’m doing. Nobody wants to spend time with me. If I see it like that, I am lonely. But if I've let go of them. If I'm better on my own. If I only have to figure out what I need and am not expecting anything or imposing myself on anyone. If I see it like that, being alone is just what I need.

When I've been around people, even for a short time, or even just out in the world, I will usually need to be alone again. Being alone is essential, even if a part of me longs for companionship.

New Threads

Top Bottom