• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How did this forum get big so quickly?

I have spread the word around, to people by PMing them I know and posting it at psych forums. Benjiminbreeg posted this at I2 and at zomg. That's how I came here.

The rest can add in how they did it.

I think it's mostly down to the users promoting it through facebook and other AS/Mental health forums and search engines. IP Board has some fantastic built in Search Engine Optimization tools so it's not uncommon for the forum to be found by a string of the right keywords reasonably easily.

Just a question to Chris: do you use google webmaster tools or analytics ? Or Bing webmaster center ?

I'm guessing that a certain level of dissatisfaction at other Aspie forums has helped.

I just IM this link to a few buddies on my Yahoo list and I went to Autism Speaks forum and PMed this link to a few autistic buddies on my friends list.

I advertised it on my Facebook and YouTube and that seemed to get an initial boost, from then it's been user advertised I think. My YouTube following isn't huge but I think that helped. :)

YOU WHAT!? WP, may need stating. But Autism Speaks? That's just common sense to not advertise it on there. LOL.
Nah. JK.
From what I've heard it's not that bad. I still hate the charity though.
EMZ=]

I saw and Autism Speaks video once. It was borderine barbaric :(

Just a question to Chris: do you use google webmaster tools or analytics ? Or Bing webmaster center ?

Both the webmaster tools and analytics - a few other statistics services too... I love statistics. :( :p

Well, initially I advertised the forum on a few others, told some people and we were on a few free ad sites, invited a few people from fb and Willow's youtube brought the others. Now members seemed to have helped with the 'member drive' which is nice. :p We're doing fairly well, but we have a long way to go before we're up there with the giants yet. :p

What's that then ?
Autism Speaks is a disgusting charity which is trying to eradicate Autism off the face of the Earth, and grossly misrepresents the entire Autistic population. Argh. F*cking hate them.
If you're talking about how Willow defines borderline barbaric then idk. At least I got to rant :).
EMZ=]

Autism Speaks is a disgusting charity which is trying to eradicate Autism off the face of the Earth, and grossly misrepresents the entire Autistic population. Argh. F*cking hate them.
If you're talking about how Willow defines borderline barbaric then idk. At least I got to rant :).
EMZ=]

I was talking about Autism Speaks and the video she mentioned - wanted to see it myself. Autism speaks ? It doesn't speak for me XD :p

I have spread the word around, to people by PMing them I know and posting it at psych forums. Benjiminbreeg posted this at I2 and at zomg. That's how I came here.

The rest can add in how they did it.

benjimin? :lol: You spell the name worse than me lol.

Yeah, basically you have me to thank, and league girl ;) I was posting bad things about wrongplanet on youtube, and saw a video of Willow's come up, and then saw the link to the site.

I found it through Willow's YouTube channel. I can't remember how I found Willow's YouTube in the first place. Maybe it was random?

It was only recently that I discovered both.

Hmm... possibly.

If I remember correctly though, I randomly went on WP and saw an article about milk causing Autism on the front page. Members of WP didn't like it at all, so I decided to have a read through the comments. Maybe one of them posted an Autism-related video and I watched it then saw a recommendation for Willow's video at the end or in the related videos sidebar. I don't see how else I would have found it. :D

Hmm... possibly.

If I remember correctly though, I randomly went on WP and saw an article about milk causing Autism on the front page. Members of WP didn't like it at all, so I decided to have a read through the comments. Maybe one of them posted an Autism-related video and I watched it then saw a recommendation for Willow's video at the end or in the related videos sidebar. I don't see how else I would have found it. :D

Hmm...I'm not sure how I found it. I just searched for Autism Meltdowns in YouTube and found one of Willow's vids. Then I watched nearly all of them :D

I've only watched a few of Willow's videos. Am going to watch some more when I get the time.

I sent her some questions to answer but I think she forgot about it (twice   :D).

I like her videos a lot because it reminds me i'm not the only one with Aspergers in the world and I can relate to the videos. I don't know anyone with AS/Autism in real life.

New Threads

Top Bottom