• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How creative are you?

Suzette

V.I.P Member
The Divergent Associations Task test was designed by scientist at Harvard university to test your verbal creativity. This test predicts aptitude for certain promlem solving. This test is the most accurate when you are alert and well rested. And know nothing else about the test.
Divergent Association Task

Once you have taken the test you can read more about it on Science Alert.com.
Scientists Invented a Simple New Test For Creativity, And You Can Try It Out

What did you score?
My score 88.6 / 94.8 percentile
Edit: obviously my memory is not as good as my creativity. My self reported percentile is not accurate. Ha ha!

Last edited:
Screenshot 2021-07-31 at 11.54.04.png

If I had scored higher than 50%, I wouldn't have any faith in this quiz. It looks reasonable. I'll cancel my next career plan to be a novelist :D.
Your score is 77.6, higher than 47.62% of the people who have completed this task

"Your score is 92.85, higher than 98.69% of the people who have completed this task"

And just for kicks, these were the words I submitted: "waffle kaboom lamprey factory trifle intrinsic terminus"

OH BOY NOW WE'RE STUCK IN BOLD agh, ye stupid forum tech.

My score is 73.14 and higher than 23.35% of other people. These were my words:
dog, stars, air, ocean, trees, snakes, spiders To my scientific mind they are very different but apparently not enough for this test.
I can't make something out of nothing such as making up stories but I can make different things out of one thing. I repurpose things a lot so in that way I am creative. "Now what can I do with this?" is a question I often ask myself.

I wonder how accurate this is, because I took it twice. Once earlier this morning, and just now. The first time I was in the 59th percentile and this time I was in the 89th.

Oh well, it's good fun. And the first time I didn't realize the word structure is what had to be different. I was trying to make different types of words, like nouns, verbs, adjectives, and not putting a food word next to an animal word. Oh well, there goes my literal thinking!

This time I was trying to make different arrangements of letters, and not having same suffixes, etc. I think that's what the creators meant, but it was unstated as far as I know.

Last edited:
My score is 73.14 and higher than 23.35% of other people. These were my words:
dog, stars, air, ocean, trees, snakes, spiders To my scientific mind they are very different but apparently not enough for this test.
I can't make something out of nothing such as making up stories but I can make different things out of one thing. I repurpose things a lot so in that way I am creative. "Now what can I do with this?" is a question I often ask myself.

This test does look at only one aspect of creativity . That really isn't enough to save the world. Repurposing is out of the box thinking and is a greater super power in my opinion.:)

Last edited:
Without morning coffee:
Your score is 86.14, higher than 88.86% of the people who have completed this task

With morning coffee:
Your score is 90.88, higher than 97.31% of the people who have completed this task

Proof that creativity is X% coffee. :coffee:

Lol...

I had another go. Was a bit slower doing it this time.

Screenshot 2021-07-31 at 16.34.04.png

billabong ascetic genie granite mercury metatarsal forgery

Thanks for sharing the link!
I got an 83 which is a bummer considering I am a book author. I even double-checked this by running some some rough draft chapters through grammarly, which said I'm average for unique word usage. Oh, well. I'm consoling myself with the excuse I chose words based on their suitability to communicate with general audiences, not uniqueness. I'll be sharing this with the critique group!

Your score is 74.72, higher than 31.19% of the people who have completed this task

Rather low perhaps, but my creativity isn't all the much in the verbal realm... Or maybe feeling a little dumb... :eek:

"The average score is 78, and most people score between 74 and 82. The lowest score was 24 and the highest was 96 in our published sample. Although the score theoretically ranges from 0 to 200" So I'm below average, yet most people I've seen who have posted their scores were in the 90's despite what their average range is, I also looked at their twitter link, feeling dumb right now... I also may have misread the instructions slightly, oh well...

Last edited:
Your score is 92.12, higher than 98.28% of the people who have completed this task

Words used: carpet weather garnet jackal sorbet orifice conductor

(...then I tried it again and...)

Your score is 90.15, higher than 96.55% of the people who have completed this task

Words used: stalactite asp litigant basilisk wintergreen jackhammer margarine

I'll see what caffeine can do another time...

Last edited:
Your score is 88.4, higher than 94.03% of the people who have completed this task

Maybe I can do slightly better in Spanish. My words here: Possum, Quarter, Tea, Miasma, Prancing, Aristocrat, Metaphor, Hammer, Symphony, Bike.

Thinking back to my words, I suppose Aristocrat, Symphony, and Tea are closely related, also possum and prancing.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom