• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How are you listening to your music ?

Hummer

Personally , I need a good recording on a hight quality source like cd or flac on my wonderful hi-fi system

Personally , I need a good recording on a hight quality source like cd or flac on my wonderful hi-fi system
That the way most people should listen to music but too many like the convenience of MP3's. But for those have crappy headphones, they can't tell the difference between MP3's vs Lossless or CDs. And don't get me started with those people enjoy music with those weak speakers on their phones. Very distorted.

I'm happy Android phones by default support Flac compare to Apple want you to use their proprietary lossless format.

I have a friend built custom speakers for me. He does a great job.

Usually, I run ALAC files that have been ripped from a CD using XLD (correcting for pre-emphasis where needed) and run them through a USB DAC into an integrated tube amplifier. As I am in need of new pre-amp tubes, however, and that is rather low on my list of priorities, I either use a pair of Audioengine 2 desktop speakers (not exactly miracle workers, but better than I expected them to be), or one of an assorted pair of headphones out of an über-cheap Fiio E6 amp.

Produce a wonderful warm sonds , but I dont think that my cats who like to sleep on my amp would let lamp live longtime :)
Oh, yes, cats can greatly complicate things. :) I don't own a cat, and I have a dust-cover...I wonder if that would deter any cats, though. :p

you seem to like to give a penguin a heart stroke

Have your defibrlator ready ......

ML-Neonith.jpg

Whenever the day comes I can have my own little wood shop I want to recreate these speakers
I built without any help when I was 12 yrs old hopefully with someone to pass down the skills to.
I also want to make 2-4 of the much larger 15" woofer version. The original specs (8" version) were
30-25'000 hz 102 db 100w each tuned port design set to boost around 35 hz.
My design included 12 gauge internal wiring w/fuse, air tight 1 1/2" thick resonance free cabinets
with nickel plated screws.
Scan.jpg

Sadly the originals were stolen by former cousins:(
I made the entertainment center 2 yrs later that I had to leave with my best friend Ray when
I moved to Florida as I only had my Honda.
"Sigh" I would never have stopped making such artwork in wood if I had the access to a shop
like in Jr high school

Last edited:
Whenever the day comes I can have my own little wood shop I want to recreate these speakers
I built without any help when I was 12 yrs old hopefully with someone to pass down the skills to.
I also want to make 2-4 of the much larger 15" woofer version. The original specs (8" version) were
30-25'000 hz 102 db 100w each tuned port design set to boost around 35 hz.
My design included 12 gauge internal wiring w/fuse, air tight 1 1/2" thick resonance free cabinets
with nickel plated screws. View attachment 13443
Sadly the originals were stolen by former cousins:(
I made the entertainment center 2 yrs later that I had to leave with my best friend Ray when
I moved to Florida as I only had my Honda.
"Sigh" I would never have stopped making such artwork in wood if I had the access to a shop
like in Jr high school
You remind me of my friend that built speakers for me when I was a teen.

It was a lot of fun to build taking all summer to come up with enough allowance money
to buy all the parts and make them a work of art. From poly coating them 4 times to fitting
everything together to create the air tight seal. Even the inside had to be visually appealing
right down to the 12 gauge wiring and clean soldering:)

New Threads

Top Bottom