• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Housemates being utter d***s

I have one housemate who has yet again complained about the way I walk, because I'm waking her up. This was at 7.40, some of us do have earlier lectures. It's pissing me off because I got enough of that from mum, the complaints about dragging my feet, asking why I walked weird, plus in school. I don't walk that weird, and can't deal with that crap anymore. Trying to answer this sort of stuff puts me straight in a sort of mini shutdown and completely ruins attempts to get things done, and I'm doing a maths MSc so I have a LOT to get done. Never mind the fact I sort out all the bills which go through my account, regularly sort out the sink because people can't be assed to put away things which will block it, and cleaned out the entire kitchen when it was filthy, the bathroom plug and surface several times. But I just want to keep the house going without talking to any one of them because when I do it ends up like this. Another housemate questions the most ridiculous things. I was trying to send off the names for the household register for voting in elections and she went on and on about how she didn't "give me permission" to put her name on it. Apparently it doesn't matter if she doesn't get to vote, she's happy so long as she screws my day. She also went nuts when I phoned the energy company to sort out the bills, because I agreed to the fixed tariff without their agreement, even though that's of very little significance, and though I'm the only one who knows how bills work.

I'm so stressed....and I don't even have a diagnosis because I kind of ended up avoiding the health centre when I did get an appointment because I was anxious since it happened WAY quicker than I expected and I didn't know if it was the actual assessment or not. Normal things happening to a different schedule I can pretty much deal with, but that? No way. So basically what I want to tell this housemate is I'm pretty sure I'm a little dyspraxic, I've had people complain about these things which are NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS all my life and it hasn't changed the fact that I can't walk "normally"(really it's just I go kind of on tiptoes a little, but I just don't have the coordination to make it quieter), but the minute I read her complaint I just zoned out, which is fairly typical for me with any kind of confrontation.

The real problem isn't you. The real problem is that you live with jerks.

Jerks cannot take care of themselves, so they let more responsible people do it, but reserve the right to complain because they are hiding from the fact that they are jerks. Jerks ALWAYS want things both ways.

I would announce that I am no longer doing the bills, while secretly doing them, because they are jerks and won't. Then, when it is clear the bills would be in arrears if they were in charge, I would come up with an official announcement that they were all being thrown out and had to leave because the bills weren't paid.

Maybe they will leave and you can get better housemates.

You can't fix jerks. And you are having a totally appropriate response to them. So fix what you can; by finding a new place or getting the jerks out of this one.

you need a new place,i used to live with a real arsehole in a care facility for people all over the spectrum,he was 18 and has aspergers,he thought he was better than everyone and complained to his mum about me constantly so that she would complain to the staff,i wasnt doing anything bad.
he also left a hair dryer on all night as he says the noise helped him sleep but it kept me awake and when i complained they said tough-because its a sensory issue for him.

in the end,i got kicked out for an incident where the police had to come and restrain me,and he happened to walk pass and get stressed,got his mum to come in straight away and she started 'slagging' me off right near me and stared at me,how dare i have challenging behavior from anxiety when her precious son got tasered by police and arrested for beating them up in the same place and my severe anxiety never got took into consideration.

i got kicked out and put into respite care where i couldnt see my rabbits for months and had to relie on staff who didnt give a damn to look after them.
but i got my own apartment in the end,in a care facility so i dont have to live in a space with other annoying humans and i couldnt recommend it more to you.
sorry for waffling on about my problem,i dont want you to think im overtaking your problem.

Thanks guys :) sorry I didn't respond but all the best, I'm banning myself from forums because it's stress and I can deal with my **** elsewhere :) good luck with all your housemate woes.

New Threads

Top Bottom