• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hiding it with alcohol?

AspieChris

V.I.P Member
I deleted my last post because I didn’t want the world to read it when I run for President.

Not a good direction for my life to be going.

AspieChris

V.I.P Member
No. Just a way of re-booting an old thread I guess.

I haven’t stopped making bad decisions with alcohol. I just changed my actions. The post I deleted described an adventure with ADHD medication (prescribed).

Completely unrelated to the end of a year.

ra49

Winter solstice passed and days getting longer = time for reflection and determination for future
I read something very encouraging last year this time, will try to find it and put it here for you
xoxo <3

ra49

Found it:
bits and pieces extracted from Jack M. Balkin's 2002 translation of the I Ching, [best translation i have found, it was a passion project for him. The I Ching is a Wisdom Book, not a fortune-telling tool ]

From #24 Fu - Return
"You are poised between the end of an old era and the beginning of a new one. You must use this time to recharge your batteries and replenish your energies for the times ahead, but recuperation is not the only goal when things are about to change for the better. It is worth taking stock of yourself and your situation. Reflect on the old cycle that is passing away and consider what went wrong. Perhaps you strayed from the proper path because you were not true to yourself, because you weakened yourself by harboring the wrong attitudes, or because you allowed negative thoughts and emotions to overwhelm you and lead you into the wrong choices. Whatever the causes, is it important to be honest with yourself, for self-understanding is necessary if you are to begin again.
If you have made mistakes in the past or have strayed from the proper path, you must take this opportunity to correct yourself, repent and ask forgiveness as necessary. Nevertheless, do not wound yourself with recriminations or allow self-criticism to discourage you. What is past is past, the future lies ahead. Have faith in yourself and your capacity for renewal.
Fortunately you are now in a propitious time when change is possible. A door has been opened for you. It is up to you to pass through. Nothing can be forced. Everything must unfold in its natural time. Even though you cannot change everything immediately, before you begin your journey, you must first turn yourself around so that you can move in the right direction. What is most important is that you make a sincere and honest commitment to take the first steps in what will be a long and steady process of improvement."

jsilver256

V.I.P Member
And yes, it is not about addiction. I would be called an "alcoholic" but that is not me. It is an autistic response and now that I realize (just self diagnosed) I can just let go of the pain and have nothing to cover up.

This is a wonderful quote, thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom