• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

RavenSly

Hi, I'm yet another person with the Aspergers Condition. I've had it all my life, although I was only officially diagnosed with it when I was in 5th Grade. Before that I just thought I was a delinquent with no manners, anger issues, and a host of other problems. To be honest, I've never fully come to terms with the label, and try as I might, to this day it is a source of deep personal shame for me. I remember actually questioning and asking my father if I was even human, as there were times I felt like I didn't belong anywhere.

I know a few other people with the condition, and I'm now familiar with it enough that I can recognize it in someone just by hearing them speak a single sentence. Fortunately for me, it isn't as pronounced as it is with many people who have it [I had a close friend who didn't realize it until I told her, saying that I appeared mostly normal]. This is because I also have Clinical Depression, and I theorize that the stimulant effects of the Aspergers and the depressive effects of the Depression sort of cancel each other out, as well as the fact that from the time I started school, I've been in Psychological Therapy to help me deal with my mental problems, these two things allowing me to regain some sense of normalcy. I still have problems, and have to regularly take medication, but for the most part, I can function normally in society, and am fully capable of taking care of myself [although for the moment, I don't].

Again, I'd like to stress that I do not feel comfortable being here, at least not yet. That's part of the reason I'm here, to come to terms with it, accept it, and get over this deep shame I've always felt because of it. I'd also just like a place to discuss things with people who know where I'm coming from, as even on the internet, I often come across as odd and awkward [even on the internet, I can usually tell when I'm dealing with someone who has the condition].

Hey, Raven.
First of all, this is the Facebook of the cool and original people.
You don't have to be ashamed of having Asperger's. It's not as if you were Asperger's. You're Raven, and that's what matters. One of the coolest guys that have ever existed once said: ?Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.?
It would be cool to see some of your artwork.
Welcome here.

Last edited:
Welcome to Aspies Central, Raven_Sly.

Life is more than labels and conditions - we go from strength to strength, from success to success, from victory to victory. So have a nice stay here, and hopefully you'll like it here in AC - like me. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom