• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi ! 40 yo, almost diagnosed (but actually not yet).

Miaou123

My name is Francois. "Miaou" is the way cats speak in French (it means "Mew" for English cats).
After an ADHD assessment by a neuropsychologist, the result was that my executive functions are average (so I doesn't have ADHD) and she recommended instead a new assessment for ASD. And indeed several people already suggested me I could be autistic, but it was not taken seriously neither by me nor by my mother.

I failed kindergarten , seriously !! I had no friends before university. I met my first girlfriend at 24 yo. And of course I need to write a kind of algorithm to learn how to dance, with a catastrophic result.
At age 9 and 10, I invented an pictographic and ideographic language that was inspired by egyptian hieroglyphs and by how I expect chinese characters to work.
The intent was not to communicate with people but rather to describe the world in the most logical way I could. I love morphosyntax but had trouble with conversational language pragmatics, even if by now I seem rather normal for most people.

I love to play "in my mind" with visual textures and symmetry patterns I see everywhere.

I have written about 30 pages of why I am almost sure I am on the autism spectrum.
But I am still unsure. Yeah I have trouble with ambiguities. I always look for proofs and explanations.

And I am always asking me WHY am I like this or like that, WHY am I failing my phd, etc etc...
I take antidepressants but I think that knowing WHY I am the way I am could help me to accept me...

I have a master degree in mathematics, a degree in engineering, an incomplete phd in biophysics, but I am struggling to find a job because I have no experience in anything practical. I am studying artificial intelligence by my own now. Fortunately I have a girlfriend that I see twice a month..

People say I have trouble to be concise... as shown in the current description.
I have no difficulty with sarcasm. hahahaha

upload_2019-5-8_14-9-14.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi & welcome,
Sounds like you study what interests you very intensely. That is a trait you see quite often with ASD. Something we usually call special interests.

You sound like a very interesting person, to me. I hope you share more.
Hello and welcome Miaou123 :)

Hi!

I'm also new and also not a child and also nearly formally diagnosed but already totally self-convinced and also sort of ADHD, but maybe that wasn't really the right fit?!

I hope you find yourself a comfortable space here. I've only been around a week but everyone has been downright wonderful.

Welcome

New Threads

Top Bottom