• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey

Hey everyone!

I am a beginner weight lifter who plateaued, I am semi-addicted to scrabble, an old Nintendo switch fan (I play less often now though) and a new Netflix binge-watcher. Currently watching Wednesday TV shows and watched a few musical movies lately - animated ones the Diana musical.

I am currently a software developer settled into my current job and have some good friends as i am a part of a neuro-diverse group IRL and I am friends with some of my friends’ friends I meet at birthday parties etc. I’d say this is the best time in my life.

Can’t wait to make some even more friends

Greetings! I'm happy to hear you are doing well socially, though I also hope you'll get something out of being here.

I know that @Neonatal RRT used to be a champion weightlifter in the US, so he might have some additional tips on overcoming plateauing.

I went to a college for athletes, we learned all that stuff there. Neutral spine, you just have to keep your back straight and shoulders tight. Don't let your shoulders drop down, that's how it starts, first the shoulders drop and then the back hunches. You want to lock it in place. I'm sure you have seen pictures, you just want to keep your back tight so it's almost straight with just a small natural curve that is the opposite of hunching. It just takes a little practice, when you get used to it you don't even think about it, it's a reflex doing it. Youtube is good for this, lots of videos there showing you how to do it.
You mean keeping the shoulders back?
I got that - it’s more about not knowing how planks should feel and not knowing how much to bend knees during deadlifts

@Neonatal RRT what is your one-rep max in shoulder presses, squats and deadlifts?
Standing shoulder press,...gym,...no competition,...my 3 rep max was with 315lbs

Competition squat: 620lbs
Competition deadlift: 720lbs
Competition bench press: 440lbs

242lb weight class. 44 yrs old (Masters division) Raw,...no assistance gear. UPA nationals Fall 2011, Dubuque Iowa.

Standing shoulder press,...gym,...no competition,...my 3 rep max was with 315lbs

Competition squat: 620lbs
Competition deadlift: 720lbs
Competition bench press: 440lbs

242lb weight class. 44 yrs old (Masters division) Raw,...no assistance gear. UPA nationals Fall 2011, Dubuque Iowa.
Impressive! How long you been training for? I’ve been training for 1-2 years and can only shoulder press 6kg in eaxh hand.

Impressive! How long you been training for? I’ve been training for 1-2 years and can only shoulder press 6kg in eaxh hand.
On/off since I was 12 years old, but pretty serious when I was 16-25, then again in my 30's-early 40's. Really didn't start competing until my late 30's. I haven't trained much in the past 10 years or so. Knees are pretty much shot,...I can't put much weight on my knees anymore. Actually trying to loose some weight. Trying to buy some time before I will eventually need knee replacements.

On/off since I was 12 years old, but pretty serious when I was 16-25, then again in my 30's-early 40's. Really didn't start competing until my late 30's. I haven't trained much in the past 10 years or so. Knees are pretty much shot,...I can't put much weight on my knees anymore. Actually trying to loose some weight. Trying to buy some time before I will eventually need knee replacements.
Good for you that you didn’t fall for the myth about weight-lifting stunting growth :D

baby-weights.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom