• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey guys

Auti Saj

Not being sure how to present myself I'm sharing a story I wrote the other day.

“Maybe the world is something different, something that nobody was yet able to explain. We are all going forward based on our versions of right, figuring it out as we go. We can’t know everything, actually, we are not meant to know many things. Most people’s lives are simple and it’s most preferred because big knowledge is followed by big problems.”

Ben went through childhood like all the other kids, nothing wrong with his teenage years either, just normal. I am S and I’m writing this because I stopped hearing from him five years ago. I have accepted that we will not meet again so doing this feels right. We were best friends and he’s still the person I had the best fun with. My most recent news of him was just a message, he texted me, “I will miss you.”. He had a strong relationship since high-school but he was never discussing it for more than five minutes. Everything showed he was in love. I never heard from him again. I came in contact with his family and all of our mutual friends. I even found his girlfriend to ask but I got nothing back, nobody knew.
I had a chat with Lisa, his girlfriend. I learned something very interesting that I haven’t noticed about him. She told me Ben was never talking about his father, she asked many times but he was secretive about it. I remember it clearly because I too wasn’t able to get any information on the subject, so I got into searching. His father, Rob, was like a mystery person, my searches were turning out incomplete or misleading. Ben’s parents were divorced and they already were when I met my friend. I didn’t want to ask his mother but I ended up giving it a shot. One week after Christmas me and my friend Ann visited for dinner at her house to talk. This place was foreign to me and I wasn’t sure how to bring her ex-husband into the conversation. Considering it wasn’t our first time meeting I straightly asked, “What happened with your ex-husband?”. She really looked at me, paused for a while and responded with, “Rob is a strange person but a good man”. Not wanting to cause any disturbance I tried to change the subject but she added, “If you want information you’ll need this”. She exited the table and brought us a box. We finished our meal and left.
The box was filled with photographs of Ben and his mother. It also contained a smaller box, a red velvet rectangular box with a lock. The lock had been opened and the number 47 was embossed on the top of the box. Inside it had a detailed key imprint shaped out of hard foam. What would this key be? Because the number by its own was not making any sense I turned my focus on the photographs. Nobody would unreasonably give family photos away so they had to be an important part of the answer. I called my friend Ann to help, and while she was having a closer look she found on one of the photographs a faded number marked on the opposite side. Each photograph had a number and there were 47 photographs in total. We quickly connected them together guided by a squiggly line that was passing through all of them and having the great idea to expose the newly created collage under a black light we uncovered a hidden message. The message was reading, “This is your time Ben, I hope you enjoyed it.”.
Ben was sometimes talking about hidden meanings behind numbers. He was supporting that a specific number had the power to change your life completely. Considering the passion he was radiating while sharing it I decided to visit his apartment for clues. After gaining access I started looking around and sure enough I was able to discover a notepad. It looked like a diary and my eye was immediately caught by what looked like a poem,

“Every dream found doubt and every effort drought
Clear is blurred and safe not truthful
When end comes the beginning is born
Multiple choice but answering is unavoidable”.

I took his notepad home and got to reading. It wasn’t the style of diary you would expect. Esoteric dialogues and poems yet nothing about numbers. Reading through it I found out Ben was ready to get married. It was really shocking for me because he never mentioned anything similar, he wrote, “There’s no other way of continuing with Lisa. I know she wants to and I think I’m ready.”. Not a lot of pages ahead I met with my answer. There was this conversation about the number 47, that he successfully met with it and he was trying to figure out how to act. Apparently he knew about his father’s box and he wanted to be sure if it was the right time to open it. From what I read, his father gave him the key to open the rectangular box which was the key his own father had for him inside another box.
The key was a metaphor for passing generations. When Ben was mature enough he had to take the key and progress onward his legacy. He had to recreate the same box for his child, accompanying it with a puzzle and a hidden message.

Welcome to the forum! Very nice story! Well written! Thanks for sharing it! It reminds me a bit of my first book where I shared in the beginning of it a dream I had of my older brother who in real life I never saw again after he joined the military at a young age. In summary, as the dream was a few pages long of much descriptive detail in that book, I explained where my twin brother and I were walking along a beautiful mountaintop trail overlooking the ocean and were led by some calming voice that sounded like our brother through the woods farther away, being asked by him to dig with sticks at a certain spot.

After a few feet of digging, my twin and I came across a treasure chest that we opened to find not money, but many photos of him and us of our younger years having fun together. In that dream, those photos brought us more joy than any money ever would have, as none of us were ever about money, at that time when our picturesque journey seemed so peaceful and surreal. His final words in that dream to us were something to the effect of 'Keep these as a reminder of our great times together, but knowing who you both are, I feel these pictures are never needed as you will never forget.' Then the treasure chest and pictures vanished.

And he was right. My twin and I are the type that never forgets good things and good times, much less great persons, as our difficulties then were more. And our older brother was the greatest brother we ever could have. He sacrificed himself in more ways than one, and although he barely talked in real life to us, because of a severe withdrawn personality too, the few words he spoke said volumes about his wisdom and kindness. It was that dream and message that gave me my initial desire, determination, motivation and strength to express my feelings more, and to write my first of four books. I am happy he was able to help bring that out in me, so I am glad you shared your story too here. I hope it inspires you as well.

Last edited:
upload_2022-4-2_12-14-53.png

Welcome to the forum! Very nice story! Well written! Thanks for sharing it! It reminds me a bit of my first book where I shared in the beginning of it a dream I had of my older brother who in real life I never saw again after he joined the military at a young age. In summary, as the dream was a few pages long of much descriptive detail in that book, I explained where my twin brother and I were walking along a beautiful mountaintop trail overlooking the ocean and were led by some calming voice that sounded like our brother through the woods farther away, being asked by him to dig with sticks at a certain spot.

After a few feet of digging, my twin and I came across a treasure chest that we opened to find not money, but many photos of him and us of our younger years having fun together. In that dream, those photos brought us more joy than any money ever would have, as none of us were never about money, at that time when our picturesque journey seemed so peaceful and surreal. His final words in that dream to us were something to the effect of 'Keep these as a reminder of our great times together, but knowing who you both are, I feel these pictures are never needed as you will never forget.' Then the treasure chest and pictures vanished.

And he was right. My twin and I are the type that never forgets good things and good times, much less great persons, as our difficulties then were more. And our older brother was the greatest brother we ever could have. He sacrificed himself in more ways than one, and although he barely talked in real life to us, because of a severe withdrawn personality too, the few words he spoke said volumes about his wisdom and kindness. It was that dream and message that gave me my initial desire, determination, motivation and strength to express my feelings more, and to write my first of four books. I am happy he was able to help bring that out in me, so I am glad you shared your story too here. I hope it inspires you as well.

Very moving story!
What I wrote is an idea for a book I guess. I can't find myself able of writing a whole book but if it inspires you you can take this structure and make it a whole thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom