• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help Design the Aspies Central Campus

Ambi

So just for fun, I was dreaming up the idea of all of us Aspie Central folks being able to live and work in/from/around the same building. You get to have your very own floor, should you choose to move in and participate. Your floor could be entirely private, or you could decide whom you let in and when. You could also work from your own floor if you would like. How would you design your own floor or the other areas of the building? What would be your ideal? It can be as fantastical as you like. As in you could even have a portal to another world through your closet.

What if it were an entire campus - what would you want on campus, and what would you want the surroundings to be like. Again, it can be as fantastical as you'd like - you could step out onto the beach on the west side of the building and onto the moon from the southern exit.

I'll post my own floor design later when I have had time to think more about it:)

Can I just have a time machine instead. :/
Yes of course :) If you had to live/work in this world and were able to time travel, that could be on your floor. Or if you just want to check out completely and travel around time and live in different time periods, I'm curious which periods you would go to and why.

Hehe....so basically, if you did live on this campus, your floor would always be unoccupied because you were off time traveling?

Last edited:
I want to live in a burrow because being underground would be so cozy and quiet and safe from tornados. The campus needs to have quick access to both a large body of water and a decent river, but also a huge plain/prairie with an area for my prairie dog ranch. Yes, I always mention the prairie dog ranch in threads like this, but prairie dogs are so cute. A bunny park for everyone to take their pet bunnies. Sorry, if there are any dogs around they need to be barkless. Also there has to be goats. No cars. Solar/wind everything. And a very important part is an art room that anyone can stop by and make something from a huge supply of donated art supplies.

The campus needs to have quick access to both a large body of water and a decent river.
No cars. Solar/wind everything. And a very important part is an art room that anyone can stop by and make something from a huge supply of donated art supplies.

I definitely second that. Some form of water, lake or river would be nice. And lots of real trees, none of that palm tree rubbish.

Also would loooove a room filled with art supplies. What an amazing dream that would be lol.

Also a massive library with a fireplace, some comfy leather couches and some small tables for projects with a window view of the forest/lake.

Yes of course :) If you had to live/work in this world and were able to time travel, that could be on your floor. Or if you just want to check out completely and travel around time and live in different time periods, I'm curious which periods you would go to and why.

Hehe....so basically, if you did live on this campus, your floor would always be unoccupied because you were off time traveling?
Too late I've already created a parallel universe where aspies are accepted everywhere. :p

Too late I've already created a parallel universe where aspies are accepted everywhere. :p
That would be a good separate thread, actually. I think someone started something like that - what if Aspies were the majority, and NTs the minority. And someone said NTs would be coming to a forum called "NTs Central" to figure out how to live in the Aspie world and Aspies would be logging onto NT Central to ask about how to win back their NT ex-boyfriend (ha - not sure if you were there for the onslaught of "help me win my ASD ex back" postings :)

That would be a good separate thread, actually. I think someone started something like that - what if Aspies were the majority, and NTs the minority. And someone said NTs would be coming to a forum called "NTs Central" to figure out how to live in the Aspie world and Aspies would be logging onto NT Central to ask about how to win back their NT ex-boyfriend (ha - not sure if you were there for the onslaught of "help me win my ASD ex back" postings :)
10 Points for fun.

I know one thing. If we had a Aspy dominated world. There would be time travel, space travel and flying cars.

Wouldn't mind living here:

47bc3b8a0f6cdfe58e88fcfd4dacfb83--treehouses-dreams.jpg

This hobbit hole wouldn't be a full time home - maybe a getaway home on campus somewhere, or perhaps a shared space? Yes, I think shared space for cozy meetings.

cele-mai-ciudate-cladiri-pe-glob-5.jpg

As well as a great hall of some sorts for larger meetings:

Great-Hall1.png

Last edited:
I'd want the surroundings to include a lake and trees, and I'd want to see in the building an art gallery where every resident of the building can contribute their art for all residents to see.

A room that is just a garden birds singing all day animals in the garden all day,no high-pitched noises ,loud noises ,unexpected noises.
A wedding dress room where I could try on wedding dresses all day and I am really slim .
An Australia room, Nice people with Australian accents, all the Australian animals and the sunlight oh the sunlight.
A room with every animal that ever existed exists again and the places they lived are perfect.
A room where I can have birthday cake and it won't make me feel sick loads of different cakes to choose from and English tea ( English tea is not Herb tea 'it's the leaves of an Indian Bush grown in the Indian highlands ,then burned so they go very dark brown,it's slightly bitter , I have it with milk ,traditionally you would see a large teapot, milk and sugar )instantly ready when I want to drink it .
Sorry if I'm asking for too many rooms it's just what happens when I think about what I could have .
I would like a music room where I could play the clarinet, cello, flute and violin also guitar perfectly.
I will never hear renovations ,any kind of electrical tool .
an art room where I could paint as well as Leonardo da Vinci which would look out onto the garden .

My floor would have large windows with automatic shades. When open, all I would see outside would be woods, flowers, animals and a quiet lake.
Pastel colours, with lights that could interchange shades of bright to soft, others to project colours or stars on the room walls. I always wanted a ceiling that changed displays- clouds, sunny, blue sky, and at night- stars, deep space scenes, galaxies, nebulae all over my bed so I could go to sleep looking at this as well as the outdoors through the windows.
Heavenly, ambient music fills the air.
A room for doing art and a grand piano.
A fully modern tech room full of computers, video games, holographic areas, a holographic friend for company and lined with books.

The campus would always have fresh, healthy food anytime you want it.
Outside gardens for beauty as well as vegetables.
The lake and woods co-existing with another area of a beach, sand, clear blue ocean, and a desert with sunny days and rock fomations. And a section for us "naturists", you know what I mean?
I love the hobbit houses to get away to.
Every kind of animal and a large meet-up area for when we want to be with others. Heavenly.

My floor would have large windows with automatic shades. When open, all I would see outside would be woods, flowers, animals and a quiet lake.
Pastel colours, with lights that could interchange shades of bright to soft, others to project colours or stars on the room walls. I always wanted a ceiling that changed displays- clouds, sunny, blue sky, and at night- stars, deep space scenes, galaxies, nebulae all over my bed so I could go to sleep looking at this as well as the outdoors through the windows.
Heavenly, ambient music fills the air.
A room for doing art and a grand piano.
A fully modern tech room full of computers, video games, holographic areas, a holographic friend for company and lined with books.

The campus would always have fresh, healthy food anytime you want it.
Outside gardens for beauty as well as vegetables.
The lake and woods co-existing with another area of a beach, sand, clear blue ocean, and a desert with sunny days and rock fomations. And a section for us "naturists", you know what I mean?
I love the hobbit houses to get away to.
Every kind of animal and a large meet-up area for when we want to be with others. Heavenly.
I forgot about the naturist bit

My only requests would be a botanical garden and a planetarium. Or maybe just my own Biodome :D

Sigh....I want to write a book about my ideal world :) Okay, for the Aspies Central Campus. I would want an entire floor to include my living space, entertaining space, and working space. I would ideally not have to leave my home at all other than to restock on supplies - unless I wanted to get outside for fun. I hate commuting to work. I would love to work alone. So on my floor there would be:
  • A library with large desks, comfortable hardback, and bright lighting for reading, as well as cozy chairs and coffee tables. All of my special interest books and everything I needed for work would be organized there. There would be plants and windows - looking out into nature. A computer from which I could request any books I wanted from any university library in the world, and they would just magically arrive through a book slot, and I'd just place them back in there to return them.
  • Large enough kitchen and living room for me and my husband, enough storage space for our stuff.
  • Prayer room.
  • 3 bathrooms - one for me, one for my husband, one for guests.
  • An entire room just for my own clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. Large enough space in the middle for working out alone.
  • Master bedroom
  • Guest room (with their bathroom attached)
  • Workout room for my husband with machines
  • One door that opened out to whatever earthly destination you'd set it to. We could visit ancient ruins, dine wherever we wanted, go to the beach, etc.
  • Oh, of course. A laundry room.
In the building I would want:
  • A large enough gym with various workout machines and low music or no music, no fluorescent lighting, and large TV screens with interesting shows on rather than silly reality TV.
  • A large library cafe.
  • A large room full of cat "trees" of all shapes and sizes, with cats hanging out all over. I'm allergic, but I thought it would be fun to see a cat room like that :)
  • A ferret room - loads of toys and structures for ferrets to run and play :)
  • Of course, all of the other floors with Aspie friends on them.
  • A lounge where we could all hang out if we wanted. The lounge could have an enormous aquarium - maybe taking up a whole wall.
  • An extensive DVD collection of whatever movies we could possibly want to borrow and watch.
On the campus I would want:
  • A wildlife sanctuary of some sort.
  • Lots of hiking trails.
  • A movie theater where we could choose absolutely any film we wanted.
  • A rock climbing gym (for my husband)
  • The hobbit hole for cozy meetings.
  • The great hall for larger meetings.
  • A food center that had foods of every ethnicity or type you could want.
  • So little light pollution that we could look up into the sky and see every star there is for us to see.
  • Oh - an observatory!

Oho~? Sounds like fun. It'll take a while for me to come up with my little corner so I'll just post here so I can find it again.

PS: Just so we're clear, absolute creative freedom? Because I've got quite a few ideas in mind, may involve aliens or something at some point.

New Threads

Top Bottom