• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello world

mike

I'm in my 30s, male, and recently diagnosed with Aspergers and I'm sure other things as well. I've been reasonably functional my entire life and made a good living working from a quiet home office. Married a few times, plenty of children, and I have a very high IQ, especially in certain logical areas. I've just assumed I was a little weird but I had no idea not everyone could hear every tiny sound or listen to every conversation in a stadium all at once. Only in the last 6 months have I started to see someone because I thought everything was going good. Little did I know how upset everyone was with me, especially my significant other. I'm naturally depressed to get this type of diagnosis as I now realize just how many things I do in my life aren't normal and just how people see me. I'm also really excited to read messages here and see there are a bunch of other really crazy bastards just like me. I have no friends and thus nobody to talk to about the feelings I should but don't have :)

I'm highly discouraged because recent stress has made things spiral out of control in my head. This makes me crazier and makes everyone around me tolerate me less and thus the snowball rolls down the hill. I think I can actually feel myself getting worse on an hour by hour basis at this point even though I've "managed" through life so far pretty well.

I hope to keep reading about similar people and how they deal with family, kids growing up, and spousal obligations.

thx
Mike

Hi Mike! Welcome to Aspies Central. I think you're really going to like it here - everyone on this forum is so friendly (I like to call this wonderful group a close-knit family based on how supportive we are of one another). There's always someone who can answer any questions you might have, so feel free to post anything you want to talk about anywhere on the forum. Hope you enjoy everything we offer here.

New Threads

Top Bottom