• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from the south of the north.

plaidInBlue

Hi,

I am from a Canadian province whose sole official language is French. I decided to join this forum for, yes, communicate about autism/Asperger's/ASD, but also to practice my command of written English.

I have not much to say presently about myself. I hope my participation here will fulfill a need to not feel too alone (even though I have Internet access). That my contributions will be relevent to someone if not many. And that I will hopefully gain the confidence that my English n'est pas si mauvais (I hope). :)

Well written introduction. Welcome aboard :)
image.jpg

bienvenue
à la communauté

Welcome plaidInBlue. I wish I knew French so that I could welcome you in your language.
Also, hello from the North of the Middle. :)

Last edited:
Hi,

I am from a Canadian province whose sole official language is French. I decided to join this forum for, yes, communicate about autism/Asperger's/ASD, but also to practice my command of written English.

I have not much to say presently about myself. I hope my participation here will fulfill a need to not feel too alone (even though I have Internet access). That my contributions will be relevent to someone if not many. And that I will hopefully gain the confidence that my English n'est pas si mauvais (I hope). :)

PlaidinBlue, you are welcome and safe here. The strange and wonderful are all here. I alone will proudly wear the mantle of strange. All others are wonderful. Find a subject you like. Start a thread. Take a deep breath and jump in.

You have found a great place to practice. I look forward to reading your post. Welcome and good luck!:)

Thanks everyone. It's already 23:32 I have to go to bed (but I'm not feeling sleepy).
Rocco your painting just made me think about a novel I read nearly 20 years ago, The Drawing of the three (but I've read it in French (Les trois Cartes)). But the first thing I thought was: the sky is the limit, but I have to open the door, and everything then becomes possible. :)

Bonjour plaid. Welcome to the forum. As others have mentioned your post is well written.

You will find that a large number of us on the spectrum are solitary people.

New Threads

Top Bottom