• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello Aspies, I don't know if I'm an Aspie

McMann

Hello Aspies,

I'm not sure if I really have Aspergers or not, but if it turned out I did, it would explain a lot.
I typically have narrow interests, such as programming, mathematics (geometry, knot theory), drawing and anything detailed that really captures my imagination.

I'm currently 26 and a CompSci student. I did the college thing already, I just wanted to do it again to learn more (and get paid more). It is a lot of hard work, and I find my morale dropping each semester, which is troublesome; this happened at my first job, and I wish I knew a way to beat it.

I'm joining this forum in hopes that maybe things will make more sense for me if I read about other people's similar experiences. It would also be nice to make some friends, which is pretty difficult for me and has been for almost a decade now; I have pretty strong social anxiety. Often life doesn't feel real and sometimes I get very paranoid.

Feel free to message me! I'll be going by the name McMann on here.

upload_2019-4-19_16-12-43.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi McMann.

I just want to chime in about your losing morale every semester because reading that really resonates with me. I am in my final semester of undergraduate studies. I'm getting a bachelor in physics, minor in chemistry. It took me 18 years to get here. I used to be a part-time student, but I decided I wanted to speed it up a little bit, so I decided to go full-time. It was when I started going full-time that I felt that whole severe drop in morale every single semester. I'd start off hopeful. Then after just the first month, stuff would fall apart. I really could not figure it out for the life of me.

After years of deep introspection, seeing therapists, and trying all sorts of meds, I decided to go a different route and went to neurological development experts instead. They helped me solve the mysteries that confounded me for decades.

Anyway, welcome. I hope you find some of the things you need in this community. We are a very smart, friendly, helpful, and strange (in the best way possible) bunch. :)

hi mcmann
there are some online aspie tests. they are relatively short and fun to take. if you score high, then you are probably Aspie.
welcome!

Hello Aspies,

I'm not sure if I really have Aspergers or not, but if it turned out I did, it would explain a lot.
I typically have narrow interests, such as programming, mathematics (geometry, knot theory), drawing and anything detailed that really captures my imagination.

I'm currently 26 and a CompSci student. I did the college thing already, I just wanted to do it again to learn more (and get paid more). It is a lot of hard work, and I find my morale dropping each semester, which is troublesome; this happened at my first job, and I wish I knew a way to beat it.

I'm joining this forum in hopes that maybe things will make more sense for me if I read about other people's similar experiences. It would also be nice to make some friends, which is pretty difficult for me and has been for almost a decade now; I have pretty strong social anxiety. Often life doesn't feel real and sometimes I get very paranoid.

Feel free to message me! I'll be going by the name McMann on here.
Welcome to the site Mcmann. I'm self diagnosed personally. Stick around ask questions and read other's posts. Online tests are a probably a good indicator of whether you're on the spectrum or not. If they're not then why do people post their scores of them here? Getting an "official" diagnosis is a personal choice. Some choose to and some don't. I put official in quotes cuz let's be honest here, lots of peeps with and without a PhD are morons who are only seen as experts because a piece of paper says so. Many on this site have been undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, just to prove my point. I've read more than once that if you think you're an Aspie, you're probably an Aspie. So welcome to site and I'll shut up now.

Welcome! :) I'm also self-diagnosed. I like Cynthia Kim's book I Think I Might Be Autistic because it breaks down the diagnostic criteria into understandable explanations and examples. That plus a lot of reading made things pretty clear to me.

Hi and welcome.

I am self diagnosed via reading of a wide range of accounts by people with Aspergers and other material such as relevant research, plus online tests. I tend to say I have high autistic traits as I am not sure if I would be diagnosed; a diagnosis is an informed opinion I guess. I don't need or want a diagnosis. Perhaps the time will come where we can be understood as a type of person. Valid and with strengths. Like everyone.

:hatchedchick::hatchingchick::sunflower::blossom::hatchedchick::hatchingchick::sunflower::herb::seedling::blossom:

New Threads

Top Bottom