• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Heightened emotions causing popping feelings in body

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
This happens to me and also I get very flushed and it can be simply listening to a song that just gives me the WOW factor.

The "popping" feelings is the only way I can describe it, but only occurs when my emotions are intensified.

Surprised was I to do the online quiz and the question: do you feel popping in your body, when you are emotionally high?!

Does anyone else feel this way? I do not think it is sexual; even though lol it feels flipping amazing ie when the song I am listening to just takes me to the heights of excitement!

Sounds kind of like "Autonomous sensory meridian response(ASMR)".

Thank you so much! Just looked it up on Wikipedia and indeed, I do believe that is what is happening! I often say that I do not need drugs because music at top volume is like taking drugs.

When ones say to turn the music down ( not necessarily at me), because one cannot have a conversation ( agreed), I think: keep the volume up lol

I didn't know what ASMR was, so a found a video on youtube with the title "ASMR" and it made me wan't to tear my eardrums out. I'm guessing that I haven't got it.

Last edited:
I get a fuzzy, tingly sensation which is most intense in my hands a feet. It's as though my body is filled with a fizzy drink and the majority of the tiny little bubble are rising to the surface of my hands and feet and 'popping' there, the way that the bubbles in a glass of fizzy drink rise to the surface and pop. I've been stroking/scrating cats before round their head area and they just close their eyes, start purring and 'go to a happy place'. The ASMR sounds have that type of effect on me.

I find that I mainly experience it in response to sound. Although, I do experience something similar when I hold very soft fabric, with at deep pile, in my hands.

I've often described music as making me 'high'. I'm very sensitive to the feeling behind a piece of music and expereince those feelings very strongly when I listen to music.

New Threads

Top Bottom