• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever lived alone?

Nope, still living with my parents. If i'm honest I don't think I could cope with living on my own. Sure, I could look after myself but I would just get too lonely if no one was around.

You lived alone for a year and a half, how did that go?

I tried to live alone for about two days, which is good --- but then I need to be more independent yeah.

Nope, still living with my parents. If i'm honest I don't think I could cope with living on my own. Sure, I could look after myself but I would just get too lonely if no one was around.

You lived alone for a year and a half, how did that go?

I loved it and I only came home to my own mess and not other peoples and everything was the same when I get back. I can remember coming home from work and I would notice my shades kept being closed and nothing be taken and then it turned out it was my uncle stopping by and doing it because he told me I save on power if I keep them closed because then it holds in the heat and the heater will work less. So I started doing that and I mostly ate at my parents house for dinner so I didn't do much cooking. I don't know how to cook but I can cook simple things like macaroni and pasta and corn dogs and eggs and pancakes but I just learned how to cook chicken. I just hate cooking. I'm too lazy.

One time I came home with a very bad surprise. My dog was in my house and she chewed up my ex's driver's license study manual and my Gamecube controller and my VCR control and she chewed on my Dalmatian stuffed animal Patch. I tied her up for three days and she peed in the house too. After that I would check my home before I leave to make sure she wasn't in the house. I figured she snucked in before I closed the door when my ex and I left. I also used to call her name outside to make sure she was outside before closing the door. One time I was leaving for three days and I called her name and she didn't appear anywhere so I looked in the house and there was on the couch and I put her outside. She always ran down to my parents house to play with the other dogs so I never had to bring her down there since she go down there on her own and when she be missing, I always knew she was at my parents. But sadly I had to get rid of her because I moved and I didn't think it was fair for my parents to have to take care of six dogs than five so I told them they could get rid of her. I wasn't sure how long it be before I could have a dog and a cat again.

I tride it and I can't do it without bugging the poop
out of dad, calling him 3 or 4 times a day and then
he gets poopfaced on me so I end up fighting with him
and slamming the fone down.

So then I had no one to play with and my cousin
that lived near there was not a complete poopyface
but I think she was too growed up for me because
she wanted to go do things but it was all boring things
like pubs and movies I did not inderstand and fall alsweep and
boring things on telly. She wood not play with me.

I was falling more and more into dette and I
cood not pay. When I was finally 800 USD in
detter my brother payed me out and said I
cood live with him until I payedhim off a little
at a time so I went to live with brother but
now I don't want to leave and he say I don't
have to either. I like it here and I'm happy
here and if I went back to miserable life as
before I do not think I wood make it.

I've never lived alone and I don't think I will until my parents die. It's not that I don't want to be independent, it's that they won't let me. Everytime I bring it up to them, they get upset with me and tell me that I couldn't function by myself, and that they would miss me if I was gone. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents to death and I genuinely enjoy their company (they're so kind and have such a great sense of humor!) but sometimes I just feel ashamed of myself for not being a functioning member of society.

I couldn't ever live alone I'd probally end up too depressed and killing myself if I was living alone as I'm lonely enough living at home with family.

I have lived alone in my little cottage for three years now. You know the old saying: Every bird flies away from its nest sooner or later. But this little birds wings only carried me for about 10 meters away from my home. My cottage is in my parents yard. So even tho I live alone I?m still socializing with my parents very much.

I haven`t have any problems with living alone. I`m actually glad. It would be very hard to live with my two younger teenage sisters and I want some privacy too.

This is also good practice; I learn how to cook my own food, wash my dishes and my clothes and so on.

Last edited:
I know somebody who lives in the garden. My family are moving to Norfolk in about 18 months and I plan to do the same.

Cool, you are simply capable to live alone. :) Good that you are living alone! But you must have a nice job though... wow.

You did understand that I`m still dependent on my parents and their help? And I`m a fourth year high school student so I`m not working yet. I have tried to get a part-time job for summer tho. Did`t get one.

I'm trying to find a job for the summer, or permanently I suppose. It looks like it's going to be shelf-stacking.

I lived on a boat for a few years and someone just bought it. I now live on land and miss my peace and quiet.

Ahh peace and quiet out on the sea would be amazing. Haha then again a ship run by aspie-pirates would be even more amazing/ hilarious. Anyone interested buying a share in a pirate ship? :p

I lived "alone" in university residence my first year. I hated res life but the (relative) privacy was nice. I've also lived with various room-mates which usually end up with me feeling like my space and privacy are constantly being violated. For the month of May my current room-mate was away in Taiwan and I had the place to myself. It was sooooooo nice. too bad he came back haha.

New Threads

Top Bottom