• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever had an obsession with people before?

zeldapsychology

I ended up upsetting a coworker and my Psychology teacher and I don't want to mess up in the future any ideas on how to fix this issue? Thanks. :)

I ended up upsetting a coworker and my Psychology teacher and I don't want to mess up in the future any ideas on how to fix this issue? Thanks. :)

It can be difficult...I almost did the same thing with my IT teacher.

I think the best way is to just try and distance yourself from them, if you feel yourself starting to get too obsessed. I'm not quite sure really, but yeah just try distancing yourself.

In what way were you obsessed? Are we talking obsession because the person is "cool" or are we talking about sexual obsession?

Well the Psychology teacher I went to her office daily questioning her in Psychology (I later heard The Psychology teacher didn't know how to answer your questions so she was avoiding you so she didn't have to answer your questions). With the coworker I was clingy and for some odd reason jumped on her back alot (I like tall women they are neat) Ya I have some odd behaviors sorry. :)

did find out the boy i was thinking is wanting to date me actually does and i have been obsessed with spending time with him

good thing we ended up as boy friends since he always is obsessed with spending time with me

i think being obsessed with spending time with each other is going to help make 2 people with autism be able to be boy friends and get married when we are allowed

we have been obsessed with spending time with each other for a few years already so possibly we should have had help earlier to learn our obsession was for wanting to be boy friends and start dating sooner

I had an obsession with my staff in my class. :lol:
I got teased in my class because of it... ;) Good times I call that. :p

The only thing I would do if I was you is to think of work first before you deserve to get obsessed with the teacher. :p
It weirdly works for me. :p

I have had obsessions with people before. They are usually just crushes and I don't do anything odd in terms of pursuing these people, I have never bothered anybody, but thinking about them absorbs my life-- I don't think about anything else, ever, in that time. Now that I have a boyfriend that doesn't happen anymore, but I had an obsession from 6th to 8th grade, 10th grade to 12th, and then my freshman year of college. You have to be VERY careful about maintaining your distance from a person when they become an obsession, it gives them a very dangerous position of power over you. My last person obsession turned out to be a very bad person, and my obsession stopped me from seeing that and I ended up getting assaulted, and I was so brainwashed by them that I didn't understand what had happened to me and he got away with it.

I agree with the person that said it isn't a sexual obsession, it isn't for me either. It's not even really romantic, though it does stem from a crush of sorts.. it just spins out of control from that and eventually stops having anything to do with wanting a relationship with that person. It's just like being obsessed with anything else. I don't want to have sex with my political science textbooks either, but I am obsessed with them. I know it sounds very strange, but to me a person and a book don't turn out that different once they become an obsession.

THANKFULLY nobody ever knew I had these fixations with them. I never knew obsession 1-- he was just a classmate, obsession 2 I actually dated but he had no idea how obsessed I was, and obsession 3 had an idea but I am sure he didn't think it was anything behind a normal infatuation.

I feel kinda bad because though I have been obsessed with people before, I am NOT obsessed with my boyfriend. It's probably a good thing but it seems weird to think about.

did find out the boy i was thinking is wanting to date me actually does and i have been obsessed with spending time with him

good thing we ended up as boy friends since he always is obsessed with spending time with me

i think being obsessed with spending time with each other is going to help make 2 people with autism be able to be boy friends and get married when we are allowed

we have been obsessed with spending time with each other for a few years already so possibly we should have had help earlier to learn our obsession was for wanting to be boy friends and start dating sooner

how weird

mind you I'd never ever marry or be with someone with AS
no thank you

(and no I don't obsess with people)

how weird

mind you I'd never ever marry or be with someone with AS
no thank you

(and no I don't obsess with people)
Most(some, w.e, I don't care) people on here are total narcs when it comes to their diagnosis.
You're the total opposite though. You're like an avoidant.
It sucks you hate yourself that much :(.
I hope you accept it eventually.
But don't be a narc neither though.
EMZ=]

Most(some, w.e, I don't care) people on here are total narcs when it comes to their diagnosis.
You're the total opposite though. You're like an avoidant.
It sucks you hate yourself that much :(.
I hope you accept it eventually.
But don't be a narc neither though.
EMZ=]

I wouldn't say I hate myself
I am ashamed to be mentally ill, and I don't really want to accept it
I don't know where it would take me or what I would be like...I want to blend in with people
I don't like being different, you know-and truth be told I don't like 90% of aspies, guys are more-I guess relatable then girls
(guys everywhere pretty much thing the same)
aspie girls and nt girls are very, very different

Then just ignore the diagnosis?
People with AS are already pretty high functioning anyway. It's not really that noticeable.
Many people go through their lives, who meet the diagnostic criteria, without getting diagnosed.
Am I missing something here, lol?
EMZ=]

Then just ignore the diagnosis?
People with AS are already pretty high functioning anyway. It's not really that noticeable.
Many people go through their lives, who meet the diagnostic criteria, without getting diagnosed.
Am I missing something here, lol?
EMZ=]

people sort of notice with me
its more how I think-I can't ignore how i think and stuff
thats where the problem lies
how I think and understand things-you know

AS isn't really a mental illness. It's a neurological thingy...to do with development of the brain or something.

New Threads

Top Bottom