• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Had my second driving lesson and wow

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
So much more at ease and he says that I am good enough to practise on my own. But will have one more lesson and then, yeah. I said that he would have to talk to my husband, because he will not take my word that I am good enough yet. It is so frustrating because my husband has no confidence in my abilities. And worst still, there is no justifiable reason. I guess he cannot comprehend that so soon, I have confidence.

I LOVE driving and feel sad my 2hrs is up lol

Yesterday, I knew I was going to be ok, because I was looking at things that really need to go to our local charity shop and suddenly thought: when I get to hire a car for a week, I will load up my boot and drive the bits overy there and then laughed and thought: Suzanne, you are there, you can drive lol

If I can not visualise myself doing something, then I know I can't.

So relieved that I can see myself driving and really love it too.

And I confirm my reasoning with social anxiety. Driving gives me confidence to be on my own and thus, get out and walk on my own to shops etc. I tried to explain to hubby, that my car is not my comfort zone; the house is and thus, it will be a natural progression to get out of my car and walk into a shop.

I can also think about getting myself a little job.

Opens so many doors for me lol

So much more at ease and he says that I am good enough to practise on my own. But will have one more lesson and then, yeah. I said that he would have to talk to my husband, because he will not take my word that I am good enough yet. It is so frustrating because my husband has no confidence in my abilities. And worst still, there is no justifiable reason. I guess he cannot comprehend that so soon, I have confidence.

I LOVE driving and feel sad my 2hrs is up lol

Yesterday, I knew I was going to be ok, because I was looking at things that really need to go to our local charity shop and suddenly thought: when I get to hire a car for a week, I will load up my boot and drive the bits overy there and then laughed and thought: Suzanne, you are there, you can drive lol

If I can not visualise myself doing something, then I know I can't.

So relieved that I can see myself driving and really love it too.

And I confirm my reasoning with social anxiety. Driving gives me confidence to be on my own and thus, get out and walk on my own to shops etc. I tried to explain to hubby, that my car is not my comfort zone; the house is and thus, it will be a natural progression to get out of my car and walk into a shop.

I can also think about getting myself a little job.

Opens so many doors for me lol
Nice work.
Just remember to concentrate just as hard though even with the new found confidence.

Nice work.
Just remember to concentrate just as hard though even with the new found confidence.

Oh believe me, I will be concentrating even more, because of the confidence. Experience with confidence as shown me that I can quickly make mistakes and thus, will use that experience to be careful.

I love driving too, just not in busy cities :)

I would think that goes for all drivers ie not enjoying busy cities! My husband is an excellent driver and yet hates and refuses to drive in Paris ( where we go once a year - well, not there, but close by).

Oh I long to get behind the wheel again, but have to be patient for next tuesday, alas but then, I am hiring a car for a week, so that will be amazing!

My next goal will be to pass the highway code in French and thus, drive a "proper" car, which means I can help my husband with long distance driving.

New Threads

Top Bottom