• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gut issues - when did yours start?

Thanks for sharing guys! Now I don't feel so bad. No, I still kinda' do but at least I don't feel alone. I have some stupid allergies such as peanut, seafood and shellfish. It's no fun being in the south and not being able to eat fish. At the age of 25 I just developed lactose intolerance! I've been told it's super rare to just develop it out of nowhere but it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm currently grounded for about a month as I've been going through some terrible lower body pain. The doctor told me that it was stress induced and that my insides have become extremely sensitive, feeling pain with pretty much anything. I didn't even realize I was so stressed but now my whole gut is shut down and I constantly feel like I've been beaten with a bat. Not fun at all. I've also been instructed to stay out of heat which is crazy hard in Alabama during July. I can't even do my work so I have to get up at 3am to do stuff in my shop before the sun turns the whole place into an oven.

Sometimes it feels like being an aspie, I just can't catch a break! Ya know?

That's rough, ChurchTheArtist. I felt nearly as terrible until I restricted my diet ridiculously. And stress - mostly from being with others - exacerbates my issues a lot.

I hope you find a solution. One diet that gave me useful ideas was called "FODMAP Diet." Not sure how many issues it works for, but if you're searching online, it could be one more thing you Google. This diet restricts many kinds of sugars and sugar alcohols, beyond lactose.

A doctor once said the phrase "visceral hypersensitivity" to me. That reminds me of the symptoms you're describing. But I'm no doctor, of course.

For 'stupid allergy' try having that relationship
with POTATOES. Eating them or smelling them.

Or smelling them on the breath of a person who
has eaten them.

Potatoes.
They aren't fancy or expensive or rare.
They are everywhere, it seems sometimes.

And included in other foods and some medicines.

For 'stupid allergy' try having that relationship
with POTATOES. Eating them or smelling them.

I offer you my second greatest condolence for such a heavy burden! It is a high condolence indeed, second only to an allergy of tomatoes. I grieve for your suffering, Tree.

ChurchTheArtist
Yeah, I am allergic to tomatoes, too.

And peppers.
Among other things.

In the obscure range, however,
I am allergic to
Arugula. o_O

ChurchTheArtist
Yeah, I am allergic to tomatoes, too.

And peppers.
Among other things.

May the skies shower blessings on your poor tormented soul and may the waters of the earth lift you into the heavens to where your heavy burdens may be shed and you may find your salvation in a fully loaded pizza with thick crust and cold soda. Amen

I first noticed mine around 7 or 8 when we started going to Vancouver island every summer. Everytime we got to the boats, I would get "the poops" and feel horribly ill. I would get stressed because a lot of the time we would have to be in the car loading onto the boat and I COULDN'T go - short of in a bag in the car surrounded by my family . No thank you.

After 10 it got worse. Every new place, every gathering of friends and family, every first day of school or big test... any stress really and I would get sick. Plus my dad started molesting me and my mom was dying of LAS - so I pretty much lived with constant diarrhea.

My family thought I was being melodramatic and selfindilgent until a doctor said I have IBS - even then my older sister thought I was lying. (nobody knew I was showing classic signs of aspergers)

It's gotten more painful over the years - before I would just get the sick feeling and loose stool. But now it goes to both ends of the spectrum and I get horrible pain when it's too solid.

Sorry if I over-shared.

I have GERD, it was discovered when I started throwing up after eating, in my late 20's (not bulimia, though I did have anorexia in my teens).

I first noticed mine around 7 or 8 when we started going to Vancouver island every summer. Everytime we got to the boats, I would get "the poops" and feel horribly ill. I would get stressed because a lot of the time we would have to be in the car loading onto the boat and I COULDN'T go - short of in a bag in the car surrounded by my family . No thank you.

After 10 it got worse. Every new place, every gathering of friends and family, every first day of school or big test... any stress really and I would get sick. Plus my dad started molesting me and my mom was dying of LAS - so I pretty much lived with constant diarrhea.

My family thought I was being melodramatic and selfindilgent until a doctor said I have IBS - even then my older sister thought I was lying. (nobody knew I was showing classic signs of aspergers)

It's gotten more painful over the years - before I would just get the sick feeling and loose stool. But now it goes to both ends of the spectrum and I get horrible pain when it's too solid.

Sorry if I over-shared.

Sorry - I don't have a computer right now and typing on a phone means lots of spelling errors and weird autocorrect.

- mom died of ALS
- family thought I was being self-indulgent.

New Threads

Top Bottom