• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings and Salutations

Wizardry

HI, you can call me Wizardry. I'm a 26 year-old Australian man, diagnosed with asperger's syndrome in childhood. I learned about the existence of this site through my participation on other forums.

I'm a very detail-oriented, introspective person who is interested in figuring out, learning about, and understanding the truth. I like observing and participating in political and philosophical conversations, and learning about why people believe what they believe.

Like many on the spectrum, I've had very little luck with dating and romance. I've never had a girlfriend despite an ongoing intense interest that developed in my early teens. As a result, I've become preoccupied with the subject, and suffer from intense feelings of not being good enough.

I think that's a pretty good summary, so I'll leave it there.

Thanks for having me.

welcome to af.png

Welcome Wizardry. You certainly are not alone.

I was similar as a teen and young adult and felt so isolated from life. At my nadir, I had to change myself, by myself . . . at that time Autism was rarely diagnosed. I started enjoying my interests, read all I could on social communication, started living independently, and began enjoying outings groups like the Sierra Club. I started liking myself and enjoyed life even if I had to do things myself. At 28 and still a virgin, I met the love of my life when I wasn't looking and we are still together 44 years later. So, persevere with making yourself valued.

Despite breaking out of that cage, I started having problems when things remind me of those times when, despite appropriate yearnings, I did not have the social skills to succeed. I am in CPT, Cognitive Processing Therapy for that PTSD.

Welcome and g'day mate!

I wasn't into philosophy when I was younger but it's something that intrigued me enough that I've taken to reading some classics. It's fascinating that some ideas have basically always been around.

Alrighty then, good to have you here.
We have posts on dating situations, so you may wish to check some of these. Lot of helpful advice also.
Welcome.

Hey and welcome to the mad world inside the bigger mad world.

Is it true for you what they say about Australians? :laughing: That they're very forward in their flirts?

Welcome!

I hope that you find the forum helpful.

Always wondered : whats the difference between a drop bear and a koala? :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom