• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatest food on the planet...

Gomendosi

V.I.P Member
It has to be:

Lasagne with plenty of b?chamel sauce!
I once was witness to a man resurrected from the dead by Lasagne, well alright? maybe he wasn?t dead, but he was well hungry!

Besides, Garfield can?t be wrong!

@ Gomendosi: Lasagne is definitely capable of resurrecting the dead. Never underestimate the powers of lasagne: it's the necromancer of champions!

In the absence of lasagne, spaghetti with meat balls dusted with fresh grated parmigiana & some garlic bread au gratin on the side is wonderful.

Pavlova, Vegemite on toast, meat pie, mashed potatoes, vegetables, strawberries, grapes and peaches.

Perfect for a picnic by the beach :p

'Lega Tibs' and 'Zil Zil tibs/Wot' or 'Zigny' at an Ethiopian restaurant. While these may appear on a menu in different ways, one describe beef cubes with peppers, onions and a cardamon flavored butter sauce, the others are more stew like strips of beef sauteed in a chili sauce. Whatever you order, do check that it doesn't contain bones.
Your order will arrive on a soft and spongey sourdough pancake called 'injera,' the traditional method for dining on this includes tearing a piece of your own injera to scoop up some of the entree--with your hands. While it can be eaten with forks, Observing the traditional fare and dining family style may not be for everyone, it can get a bit messy. THe evening is usually finished with the staff bringing out steaming hot moist clean towels, for cleaning yourself up, which is pretty awesome.

I love maples and brown sugar oatmeal with walnuts! You should try it.

BTW, the best food on the planet is chocolate.

I have oatmeal everyday, so I'll have to give your suggestion a try. As for chocolate, that is one of my favorites. But alas, I can no longer have it. It is very unkind to my body. Just a simple Hershey Kiss will mess me up for a day . . . UGH!!!

I can't eat anything too sweet as well. I remember I tried to eat some of those nerd candies, and it made me sick. I'm supprised that my dad can eat so much stuff like that. lol

All of it! (except fast food which isn't food). That said, I do have some favorites:

Corned beef and cabbage
Kung Pao anything!
Barbecue
Chili
Tamales
Thin crust pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, olives and anchovies
Lasagna (with red sauce)
Cabbage rolls (without tomato sauce)
Eggplant parmigiana
Spaghetti with marinara sauce
Stuffed grape leaves
Hummus
Tabouli (parsley salad)
Gumbo
PASTIES
Jambalaya

No wonder I have a weight problem!

Last edited:
Currently loving: Mini-Wheats. I love my cereal soggy, and Mini-Wheats are great at that. Hear that, Cap'n Crunch?

Actually, I can have sweets. Like your dad, I love Nerds candy. I have to cut back, though, because my doctor (a stern British gentleman) told me to “lose weight.” It’s just chocolate I have a problem with. It causes severe acid reflux, my heart rate jumps, and my blood pressure goes up even though I carry normal to low blood pressure. It’s the oddest thing. Even the chips in chocolate chip cookies mess me up, which sucks because I love chocolate chip cookies. After all, they are one of the four basic food groups. :D

Chocolate was the hardest thing to avoid when I went on a diet. At least it's better then anything made with artificial sweeteners. I think it's less worse for your body to have a little bit of sugar every once in awhile, then to put all those chemicals in it regularly.

What is Vegemite? I recall hearing that in a song by “Men at Work,” but have never figured out what it is.

Oh, it's a yeast-based food spread

220px-Vegemiteontoast_large.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom