• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good QUOTES

"Anything that comes out of the South
is going to be called grotesque by the northern reader,
unless it is grotesque, in which case it is going to be called realistic.”

Flannery O'Connor

Last edited:
Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.

L. Frank Baum

Last edited:
""One should either be sad or joyful. Contentment is a warm sty for eaters and sleepers."
- Eugene O'Neil

...apologies if I am repeating a post...

"It's whatcha do with whatcha got and never mind how much ya got." - Don Bluth

"If you don't want your tax dollars going to help the poor, stop saying you want to live in a christian nation because you don't." - Jimmy Carter

“Artists are put on this planet to do…three things.
[Ruskin] says we are here to see, and to feel, and to document.
The artist can try to think, but he’s not here to do that.
He can try to explain and analyze, but he’s not here to do that.
He can go to parties but he’s not here to party. He can’t.
He really can’t…As soon as he feels something he has to act on it and move on it.”

— Scott Avett (paraphrasing Ruskin)

The truth is like a lion - you don't have to defend it. Let it loose & it will defend itself.
Augustine of Hippo (5th century AD).

At the end of life - everyone feels remorse for the bad deeds they have committed, but only the brave feel no regret for things they wish they had done but now cannot. Neither can be rectified. While misdeeds can be forgiven, desires unfulfilled shall remain so.

"God damned this world, that is if God exists
God hates this world, left his Son tied to a stick?
God as sadist, this is the portrait you paint
God is within and we ruin everything."

Since I was recently reminded of St. Hedberg in another thread:

With a stop light, green means 'go' and yellow means 'slow down'. With a banana, however, it is quite the opposite. Yellow means 'go', green means 'whoa, slow down', and red means 'where the heck did you get that banana?'
- Mitch Hedberg​

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.”

― Maya Angelou

(This seems like Angelou's re-write of the serenity prayer, but I still like it.)

eistine quoate.jpg

When told that his films were corny: "Alright, so I'm corny. But you know, there's about a hundred million people in this country who are just as corny as I am." - Walt Disney

New Threads

Top Bottom