• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fun times... and new thing for me.

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
Kidney Stones... Oh dear mother/father of creation...

I don't think I can think of anything so far that has hurt worse in my body. I am now dealing with kidney crusher number 3 and it seems to be the last one (so they say)...

I wrote this post because I did something STUPID, not knowing I was doing something stupid...

Everyone around me is very sick, they are even closing schools and businesses all around here.

I (being the Einstein I am)... I have been chugging 3 glasses of Emergen-C a day... BOOM my body couldn't filter that much Vit C... It caused the stones. Thats what they told me anyway...

So be careful with the Vit C... They told me no more than 1000mg daily well with the drinks and fruit juice, and who knows what I was about 5 times past that...

Peeing out grass burrs is not my kind of thing...

I might know in some small scale what it feels like for a man to have a baby... I'm nearly afraid to pee. Its that bad but nearly over... I hope : )

Thank you for posting this - it's a very good warning. Hope you pass the kidney stone and feel better soon!

I thought this post was going to be happy, but ouch!! Sorry you are having a man-baby or 3.. :( Thanks for passing on the info.

I also read that vitamin C consumption doesn't necessarily prevent illness, and that its perhaps a wives tale. Like anything I read on the internet that information is in suspect.

I don't think I can think of anything so far that has hurt worse in my body. I am now dealing with kidney crusher number 3 and it seems to be the last one (so they say)...

I wrote this post because I did something STUPID, not knowing I was doing something stupid...

Everyone around me is very sick, they are even closing schools and businesses all around here.

I (being the Einstein I am)... I have been chugging 3 glasses of Emergen-C a day... BOOM my body couldn't filter that much Vit C... It caused the stones. Thats what they told me anyway...

So be careful with the Vit C... They told me no more than 1000mg daily well with the drinks and fruit juice, and who knows what I was about 5 times past that...

I might know in some small scale what it feels like for a man to have a baby... I'm nearly afraid to pee. Its that bad but nearly over... I hope : )
try having period ( menstruation )cramps not even childbirth and no pain relief works -times that by 35 years.
and you would be called melodramatic by a doctor or a time waster.

I use mega c. I am not sure it helps, but it can hurt kidneys, that is true. I had some kidney issues. No matter what I do or don't do, I will have issues, so I gave up. I do what I think helps and what I like and then hope it's not too bad. Life is usually bad, but I have to try to keep it from getting horrific.

BTW- Olive Leaf. oil of oregeno, and Astragalus are very good! But ask your doctor, of course

D-zam. Never had kidney stones but it's up there on my list of fears. Sounds horribly unpleasant, sorry to hear you're going through this.

Hey, by any chance did they give you that one med that makes it not hurt to pee but turns your pee orange (can't remember the name, maybe something-pyridine)? I had to take that for something else, and I gotta say, pissing orange is pretty cool.

D-zam. Never had kidney stones but it's up there on my list of fears. Sounds horribly unpleasant, sorry to hear you're going through this.

Hey, by any chance did they give you that one med that makes it not hurt to pee but turns your pee orange (can't remember the name, maybe something-pyridine)? I had to take that for something else, and I gotta say, pissing orange is pretty cool.

It's called pyridium. They give it for urinary tract infections for the pain and burning. It's OTC not prescription. And yeah , your pee turns bright orange but it can stain too.

avoid anything Alacer make ( like Emergen-c )they've been sued and convicted of misrepresentation.
some of their products also contain calcium which would make kidney stones worse .
just take plain vitamin C -you can take 2000 mg but you've got to come off it after two weeks and go down to 1500 mg.
that's if you're immune system is very weak ,if it's not very weak stay at a thousand mg.
The above mentioned company make products with vitamin b as well as calcium and vitamin C ,these are vitamin enriched drinks not just vitamin C.
if you want to take vitamin C get the best you can afford.
if you take too much vitamin c or vitamin b you would just Pee it out therefore wasting it .

It's called pyridium. They give it for urinary tract infections for the pain and burning. It's OTC not prescription. And yeah , your pee turns bright orange but it can stain too.

It's OTC now?! I had is Rx for a prostate infection some years ago, but if it's OTC now I'm about to have some fun with pee. *Finger pyramid of evil contemplation*

I'm thinking "don't eat the orange snow" and "why is the water in the toilet orange?", and maybe even "hey, want some orange Gatorade?" though I'm not sure I'm quite that evil.

Also, it amuses me greatly to pee in a toilet where the water is blue from that cleaning chemical because yellow pee turns it green, I wonder what color orange pee will turn it. IIRC, this med is relatively harmless so I could just take it every day and pee orange all the time. Now THAT's how you express individuality.

I'm thinking "don't eat the orange snow" and "why is the water in the toilet orange?", and maybe even "hey, want some orange Gatorade?" though I'm not sure I'm quite that evil.

Also, it amuses me greatly to pee in a toilet where the water is blue from that cleaning chemical because yellow pee turns it green, I wonder what color orange pee will turn it. IIRC, this med is relatively harmless so I could just take it every day and pee orange all the time. Now THAT's how you express individuality.

eye contact with the next guy at the urinal. "how ya doin?" precious moments.

If you eat blue popsicles, you will have green dung. No kidding.

New Threads

Top Bottom