• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ftm trans & aspie

adh2d

I was doing research and I found there might be some correlation with being trans masc as well as having a higher chance of being autistic? But a lot of the posts seemed to have a cis-centric attitude about them so I'm not sure if I should believe any of those articles?

I'd like to hear from some other ftm/autistic folk! how you deal with the transphobia in the mental health field and how you got diagnosed with either asd and/or gender dysphoria.

One of the things I never understood, honestly. If somebody is biologically male and feels like a female - and wants to become one - why not just let him? What's the point in all the hate, mocking, humiliation? Let others just do their thing as long as I can do mine. Also, gender really doesn't change what is a person like.

Well, let's get to the point of the thread now. I myself don't feel like I have gender dysphoria. It doesn't cause me exact distress, I simply tend not to think about it. I've heard a theory that many female ASD don't really feel like females - more like half-female and half-males. I would agree with that, maybe adding a bit of gender fluidity in the process.

In the end, though, it doesn't really matter what gender I am, at least for me. I was born female and that's fine. At times, I feel like a male and that's fine too. The body itself is a sign of my possesiveness for me. Even if some things annoy me, I wouldn't let anyone do anything to it. It should be as it is. Slightly androgynous.

I'm not sure if it answers your question, seeing as it's not really the case with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom