• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Focus issues

TopherPwn

I use to have great memory where I could remember everything in my life. After getting pstd from the military. My focus and memory has become horrid. I thought it was something I could handle, but it wasn't. I also had tests done and tracked down a testosterone issue. My psychiatrist won't help me with my ADD. Since those meds bring axiety. I want to goto college, but I can't without proper medication. I've been stuck for almost two years. It's literally the worst feeling waiting. I could've been two years deep, but they won't help due to my PTSD. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

Perhaps go to a different psychiatrist. "Sorry, nothing we can do," isn't the right answer.

There are meds for ADD which are not stimulants, which I assume are the ones that gave you anxiety.

Another option is to take the one that causes anxiety and take another medication with it for the anxiety. Very common.

PTSD requires intense, long-term therapy.

Medication can also be taken to reduce the symptoms of the PTSD as well.

Did you solve the testosterone problem you tracked down?

Not yet, I don't know why. I currently started to take testosterone on a cycle. I also just slowed down on my soda/sugar intake to see if it adjusts. I also changed my eggs from white to brown. Mainly focusing on meats. I believe the testosterone happened from a medication I took or currently take.

I used to have a great memory too. But for instance, I was soaking in the bathtub, looking at all the toiletries on the side of the tub. I got really perplexed and stressed that I couldn't find the plug.

It was in the drain... Where it belongs when you're bathing.

Stuff like that happens CONSTANTLY to me. I think it's an adult autism thing.

I used to have a great memory too. But for instance, I was soaking in the bathtub, looking at all the toiletries on the side of the tub. I got really perplexed and stressed that I couldn't find the plug.

It was in the drain... Where it belongs when you're bathing.

Stuff like that happens CONSTANTLY to me. I think it's an adult autism thing.

I've had so many experiences like that, but I've been figuring it's because of the medication. :eek:

I'm meds free currently.
My memory is and has been the worst its ever been for approximately three months.

I suspect it's a phase. I'll roll through this like I do other temporary phases.

I used to be alarmed and panic because I wasn't processing information or recalling facts in the usual way but I'm currently finding Ignorance can be blissful.

I believe heightened states of anxiety can shut memory down.
(don't need memory in the fight or flight response, body primed to run like hell, not remember an appointment or someone's birthday)

Just curious? What's behind the eggs thing? Is there a difference?
We don't even get white eggs in the UK - haven't seen one in decades.

Just curious? What's behind the eggs thing? Is there a difference?
We don't even get white eggs in the UK - haven't seen one in decades.

From what I've read, brown egg chickens are bigger and so cost more to raise, making the eggs cost more to buy. That's the only difference, as far as I know.

New Threads

Top Bottom