• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Five things Doctor Who needs to stop doing...

AGXStarseed

I came across this video and I actually agree with what this guy says; with him explaining that he is a big fan of the series but there are some elements that need to change for this new series - which will have Jodie Whittaker as the first female incarnation of the Doctor.

Here's the video's description:
"I love this show. It's my favorite thing on television. However there are a few things it keeps doing that I would really like it to stop doing. Not because they're bad, but because they've become predictable. And a show about a man who can travel anywhere and anywhen and have any kind of adventure shouldn't be getting predictable."

What do you guys think of his opinions? Do you have any other ideas for stuff you want the Doctor Who series to stop doing?

I would like Doctor Who to stop taking away my hot guys to crush on, it's a real inconvenience for me. :p

I came across this video and I actually agree with what this guy says; with him explaining that he is a big fan of the series but there are some elements that need to change for this new series - which will have Jodie Whittaker as the first female incarnation of the Doctor.

Here's the video's description:
"I love this show. It's my favorite thing on television. However there are a few things it keeps doing that I would really like it to stop doing. Not because they're bad, but because they've become predictable. And a show about a man who can travel anywhere and anywhen and have any kind of adventure shouldn't be getting predictable."

What do you guys think of his opinions? Do you have any other ideas for stuff you want the Doctor Who series to stop doing?
Hope Jodie Whitaker doesn't pretend to be a male doctor it would be boring

LOL @ All the so called "Whovians" complaining about the new female Doctor. sexism is so 1960's, most of them weren't even born then.

#1 - Stop bringing back the same classic series villains over and over.
Agreed. It was cool the first few times. Then it's like "really?"

#2 - Stop demystifying Gallifrey.
Agreed. Just.. Agreed.

#3 - Stop miraculously saving everyone.
Agreed. Let things go horribly wrong for once.

#4 - Stop having young human female companions from modern Earth.
Agreed, would be interesting to see things shook up a bit. There is another reason for the companion to be a human from modern Earth than it being "cheaper" though. I always saw it as the companion being the stand-in for the audience, seeing all this wondrous otherworldly stuff for the first time and reacting with awe. Well, that and eye-candy for the male viewers.

#5 - Stop having a mystery begin at the start of the series and being solved at the end.
I somewhat disagree, though I understand his point that it can get tiresome. The "mystery box" formula keeps viewers guessing and interested. But it does ruin it if the solution keeps being "it was the Daleks/Cybermen/Master again".

LOL @ All the so called "Whovians" complaining about the new female Doctor. sexism is so 1960's, most of them weren't even born then.

What I find quite ironic is that there's a woman called Anita Sarkeesian who complimented the choice to have a female Doctor, but then claimed the show in general wasn't being inclusive enough - ignorant of the the fact that the show is probably one of the most inclusive Sci-fi shows on TV today, as this Youtuber explains:

Last edited:
What I find quite ironic is that there's a woman called Anita Sarkeesian who complimented the choice to have a female Doctor, but then claimed the show in general wasn't being inclusive enough - ignorant of the the fact that the show is probably one of the most inclusive Sci-fi shows on TV today, as this Youtuber explains:

She does that. She's not nearly as qualified to speak on the subject as she likes to think. You just can't please her. And even though her (flawed) arguments are supposedly meant to get people thinking, if you dare to question them she and her supporters will be quick to shut that down and throw labels at you.

That dude makes some good points. I think I'd like to see more, new exotic worlds for the Doctor to visit. I mean with the Tardis and all, there's the whole universe to visit across time and space. So what's up with this...

84435abedd850aaa1e9642cf70bd6fc8.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom