• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fitness thread--what was your workout today?

PT exercises with twice the weight today
4 sets of Planks, got 2 minutes 15 seconds for the first time
Squats to 135lbs
2 sets of pull-ups, wide and handle
Going to try some exercise in VR

Just tried Beat Saber, which is really fun but did not seem like much exercise then played Power Beats VR, wow, heartrate to 150bpm in 2.5mins, legs burning, shoulders feel it. If you can use VR and want one of the hardest workouts you have done, please try PowerBeats VR. It is also very beautiful as many parts are in space with gorgeous backgrounds. It also lets you play in a desert or in front of a medieval castle.

Spheres come at you and you have to punch them. Walls come at you and you must step aside so you are not hit. There are also spiky balls you cannot let hit you but are amongst the balls you need to punch. It is a lot of fun.

I tried Beat Saber for the first time today and it seems like a fun game but PowerBeats is beautiful without really playing and if you do play it, it is one of the best workouts I have ever done. You need a towel nearby. I hope this is interesting to hear.

Last edited:
Hope this picture isn’t considered inappropriate, but then again I don’t see why workout clothes or bathing suits would be inappropriate. But I will spoiler it just in case.

This picture is a big deal for me because I have been kind of overweight for a long time and I have been exercising and eating better and have lost a lot of weight!
I think I’ve lost between 25 and 30 pounds in the last few months.

I also struggled with gender identity stuff for a long time and I’m getting to be more comfortable in my own skin as an adult female.

I still have a long way to go before I’m back to my original weight but I feel pretty good!!

F5897FD2-C1B1-4326-A136-BD0D5BA3D0E7.jpeg

I've had some kind of RSI going on for about a month now and I feel super bummed on still not being able to lift without the potential for further injury. Guess it will be more manual treadmilling for today, along with a brace and some ice :(

Did my usual 5-mile run this morning, but I decided to try to push myself as hard as I could, but still maintain good form throughout. My normal casual time for this particular loop is around 1:06:00. Ran it today in just over 59 minutes, which goes to show that you don't really know what you're body is capable of unless you go harder and/or farther than normal.

Hope this picture isn’t considered inappropriate, but then again I don’t see why workout clothes or bathing suits would be inappropriate. But I will spoiler it just in case.

This picture is a big deal for me because I have been kind of overweight for a long time and I have been exercising and eating better and have lost a lot of weight!

I also struggled with gender identity stuff for a long time and I’m getting to be more comfortable in my own skin as an adult female.

I still have a long way to go before I’m back to my original weight but I feel pretty good!!

OMG.
Wow. You got this.

My exercise routine consists of walking my Greyhounds twice and sometimes three times a day through the trails we have on our property. Each walk is around 1 mile with the dogs having the time of their lives sniffing and replying. I walk ~ 3.5 mph and the dogs are usually running around me or bombing up and down the trails at high speed.

The dogs also spend a lot of time outdoors between walks watching me work on the property or sitting on the dock.

A winter traffic jam in Maine.

3C4347A9-9A87-4FB0-B690-09E8EFCC1F93.jpeg

2 sets of pull-ups, my physical therapy exercises. Standing squats with no weight, just up and down, the same squats but holding a 25lb plate, dumb bell flats with 10lbs.

I injured my back on Tuesday, it is bad. So I have not been able to do my good exercise. I wonder when it will get better but then I can ride the exercise bike again, do squats with weight and do a virtual reality workout. Those are amazing. In 2.5 minutes my heart rate can go to 155bpm and I am sweating all over. You are in space and balls come flying at you, you have to punch them, walls come sliding towards you and you have to move left or right of them and spiky things you have to duck. It is very exciting. Also there is good music and sound effects and a voice saying you are doing a good job. There are stars everywhere and you can look around.

It also has one with the same things but on a floating platform and you can look down at the ground more than a thousand feet below or you can do the program in a desert or in front of a medieval castle.

Walked 7km today. Mostly I'm swimming these days.
Weighed myself this week and I'm 1.5kg lighter, which was a surprise. I don't focus much on weight anymore more on overall health and fitness.

Been so busy with recording this week that I hadn't had time to get in as much running as I wanted. A total of 15 miles this week, plus a bike ride tomorrow.

Gym day, rough but 40 mins spread out in intervals as always. Then it was crazy packed, so quickly hit grocery store like it was gym sprint. Sprint thru- dump into cart, sprint to the finish line. But inflation prices these days?

thats very much

thus when you don´t look female, then I don´t know...

you already look like having normal weight.

I am tired now.

I did my physical therapy exercises with 5lbs instead of 2.5lbs. It is much harder.
4 sets of Planks 90 seconds each, these are hard.
1 set of pull-ups
50 reps dumb bell flats with 10lbs

Three sets of squats holding 25lb plate in front of my chest, 26, 27, 30 reps. Last set heart rate 148bpm

It is a thorough workout, still breathing hard.

Today 30 mins interval run but pretty complete weight circuit and l did well. I love my core machines when l workout.

Stretching
Physical therapy exercises with 5lbs, went very well
2 sets of pull-ups, one wide, one handle
5 sets of planks, 90 seconds each
5 sets of squats holding 25lb plate in front of my chest
dumbell flat, 10lbs, 50 reps

Planks are so hard. 90 seconds does not sound like much exercise but even after few seconds they seem hard. I am doing well.

Nothing to report for this week, I'm afraid. It's been over 90 degrees (30 C) all week so I haven't been outside. I think I'll try the bike inside with the fan on.

I ran intervals for a total of 40 mins. Then l bought has much liquids as l can because it's destined to be 100+ index today.

Did my physical therapy exercises with 5lbs but hurt something behind a shoulder blade so did not do more of some.

4 sets Planks, 90 seconds each
Dumbell flats 10lbs x 50 reps
Shoulder presses 10lbs x 20 reps

Squats, 8 sets working up to 195lbs x 2 reps, last set 135lbs 5 reps. My back has been getting injured so I am being as careful as I can, first time doing these in 28 days.

Did two sets pull-ups yesterday

Weight machines, alright felt strong. Then l did Elliptical however l felt too many eyeballs on me. Dressed appropriately, but l still stuck out.

New Threads

Top Bottom