• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finding / seeing faces in things?

Why do I feel as if I am being observed while I work?

1684190906707.jpeg

On the subject of cows and being watched. My university course leader told us about a time he was going through a field with a metal detector (may have been something else) and after a while he had this sense he was being watched (he referred to a book he had read on this phenomenon). He started to feel a bit uneasy and he turned round to see an army of cows all staring intensely at him in silence. :smilecat:

On the subject of cows and being watched. My university course leader told us about a time he was going through a field with a metal detector (may have been something else) and after a while he had this sense he was being watched (he referred to a book he had read on this phenomenon). He started to feel a bit uneasy and he turned round to see an army of cows all staring intensely at him in silence. :smilecat:
Oh! The roving rogue cow ninjas. They can sneak up surprisingly unexpectedly.

I don't seem to see faces in things all that often but whenever I do it really bugs me - an example of a strange thing I see faces in is this metal tread plate pattern:

diamond_tread_plate.jpg

I find it hard to look at and not see a recurring pattern of diagonal faces, they can be leaning to the left or the right, and the "mouth" of one "face" forms one of the "eyes" of another and the line between the two "eyes" that is at a 90 degree angle forms the "nose". I seem to remember being a little bit freaked out by it as a kid.
I didn't see it at first, but when I lean my head to an angle, I can see little robot faces.

I didn't see it at first, but when I lean my head to an angle, I can see little robot faces.
I've never noticed this before! But I saw the faces super quick once there was a bit of an expectation! They look kinda like the Transformers logo! I will never be able to unsee the faces now lol! :)

I've never noticed this before! But I saw the faces super quick once there was a bit of an expectation! They look kinda like the Transformers logo! I will never be able to unsee the faces now lol! :)
That's what I thought too- the Transformers logo, lol

New Threads

Top Bottom