• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finding / seeing faces in things?

I think everyone sees faces in things at some point, whether the faces were intentional or not. I don't usually get scared by it, instead finding it amusing. I also think that the circles on trees where branches used to be look a lot like eyes.

However, I am scared of seeing scary images sort of project themselves from my mind into my sight in the dark. I'm not usually scared fof the dark, but when there is a strange light, like from the TV, it can scare me slightly.

Apart from what it is?
Viewing it objectively, as if an alien were to see it?
Kinda like that?
'Cause I do that. :)

I do this all the time. In fact, on one of the doors in my house, there's a little knot in the wood that looks just like an alien wearing a baseball cap. It's actually pretty neat to see.

Any chance we can get this thread active again? I see faces everywhere.

1679272523933.jpeg

Seeing faces everywhere simply means you have strong survival instincts. It's a natural talent and requires some serious brain wattage, it's like a type of AI that reassesses everything you see trying to identify things that might be camouflaged. Both in hunting for food and being on the lookout for predators.

Seeing faces everywhere simply means you have strong survival instincts. It's a natural talent and requires some serious brain wattage, it's like a type of AI that reassesses everything you see trying to identify things that might be camouflaged. Both in hunting for food and being on the lookout for predators.
Being considered eidetic, that makes sense to me, because my memories are generally image based.

I've had a thing since being very young where I notice faces in objects such as tiling on walls, the whirls in a wood door, carpets, clothes hanging on airers etc etc...

It used to scare me when I was younger, some of the faces were quite sinister.

Am I just being weird or does anyone do anything similar?
This is something that still plagues me, but it's always been fun. I used to think I was crazy. I see a lion's face in chain-link fences. I see Elvis in the paint chipped from my bedroom windowsill. I see a cyclops in the dusty corner of the bathroom.

I most vividly recall when I noticed this tendency, lying idly as a child in my mother's bedroom and noticing faces in the wallpaper. I'd look away and they'd be gone. As a lifelong insomniac, this activity was a great source of amusement and comfort for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom