• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional or Artistic Works That Explore Spiritual Themes?

This simple drawing really fascinates me, it’s from the Perpetual Rosary for the World, an online international prayer group that I am a part of; the drawing is simple but really conveys a lot:
EF8856ED-BCD9-435F-AA12-2E3C39629876.jpeg

There's so much truth in The Little Prince, at least I think so.
View attachment 69519
I would have LOVED that book as a kid, despite learning to read at 2, I gave it up, I missed out on so much love from books. This saddens me, as many uglies would have been prevented in my life, other uglies would have been conquered, and I would not have had to actualise rubbish experiences, instead, reading would have helped me overcome real challenges.

I am not Buddhist, but I respect the peaceful, gentle nature of the faith. I cried so much when the Buddhas of Bamiyan in Afghanistan were destroyed. I watched the video on OPB when it happened, and just cried and cried.

There are pueblo-type clefts in the mountain. It must have been quite a complex back in antiquity. The image of this reminds me to teach the next generation to be open minded to other people's beliefs and to appreciate other cultures.

iu
iu
Yes, I really like how serene Buddhist sculptures are, too. I remember when the Taliban was doing that - horrible.

I would have LOVED that book as a kid, despite learning to read at 2, I gave it up, I missed out on so much love from books. This saddens me, as many uglies would have been prevented in my life, other uglies would have been conquered, and I would not have had to actualise rubbish experiences, instead, reading would have helped me overcome real challenges.
That is a really moving observation.

I saw this statue of Mary Magdalene by Donatello in person - very striking. It's actually shocking. I think the gauntness is supposed to reflect her repentance.

286px-Donatello,_santa_maria_maddalena_penitente,_1450_ca._02.jpg
768px-Donatello,_maria_maddalena_03.jpg
Mary-Magdalene-Donatello.jpg

There is a book of fictional parables that I have found so helpful and therapeutic - I don't remember stories being overtly spiritual (?), but I felt that I recognized some Christian themes in the sense of the King being similar to God and as a father figure. I have no idea if the author is religious. I think anyone could read them and enjoy/benefit, like reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". The book is currently out of print, but you can find it used. It is called Parables for Personal Growth: Tales for Your Healing Journey by Melinda Reinicke. One of my must have books that I revisit.

Parables for Personal Growth: Tales for Your Healing Journey: Reinicke, Melinda: 9780941405225: Amazon.com: Books

Last edited:
This stuff would have gone over my head before I tried psychedelic drugs, as I was a bit of an air-head, not that I am promoting drugs.

Alex Grey's artwork as he shows movement of energy.
Books I should have read as a kid, The little prince.
My mam(mom) called me the balloon!

Is this from The Divine Comedy?
Yes. From my loneliness growing up, I always had this longing for two things - God, and a soul mate. But I always new there was a risk of me placing the soul mate in joint place or even in place of God in my heart, and that concerned me. So the longing Dante had for Beatrice, and how it is used to point him instead towards God, where in God they can also join together in love in a truer way, was an important message for me.

I did what you've missed !and what I've retained ,is a tiny amount of it ,it's like the last twenty years have all but disappeared.
There's a quote from Torah (old testament)'much study wearies the body' and I now sort of grasp it! with my 10 second memory.

I am not a Catholic, but I also love the theme of "The Madonna and Child". The classical masters take my breath away.

Madonna-And-Child-jesus-9761557-683-1000.jpg
What I find strange is the painting that I spoke about was classified as Catholic art I presume they mean Roman catholic!I know Catholic can have another meaning .
I then researched the painter Sir Edward Burne Jones ,and there is nothing! to indicate he was Roman catholic!.

I’m not sure if this would fall under the topic of this thread, but here’s is something I sometimes say:

Though our sins have killed Our Lady’s dear Son, and caused Her to weep a Sea of Bitterness,
That ocean of tears could never extinguish the Fire of Her Immaculate Heart, the Flames of Her Love for us.

They say mam where I grew up. I just say mum as I lived in a place where mum was used until 4yrs of age.
I type in as many forms of the word mother, as I have energy for! at that moment ,sometimes it's about six ,so I don't have to explain ,im in a permanent state of brittle asthma.

New Threads

Top Bottom