• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

favorite Autistic Cartoon characters?

NoKipAr on the run

it's no secret that I love animation. Autism interest FYI

and I was thinking what are your favorite animated autistic characters?

I can't think of any myself, so let me know what yours are!

spoiler: some might be Grim, Mandy, Billy, Entrapta, Star Butterfly, Steven Universe, Pearl and so on.

"Tina Belcher from Bob’s Burgers; Tina has certain behaviors that are strongly associated with autism, such as a difficulty communicating her emotions, strong fixations on particular things and panic attacks. But Tina is also more than these traits..."

Daria, Steven and Pearl. I'm pretty sure there was a Ruby that came across pretty Autie to me as well in that show. And what was the main girl's name in Gravity Falls? Her. But more AuDHDy. actually both.the main character's in Gravity Falls. Lisa out of The Simpsons.

I can't watch cartoons,couldn't even as a kid I can't watch anything if it cannot be based in reality
By being based in reality do you mean like there can't be unreal things happening, like superpowers, talking animals that kind of things?

How about Lilo from Lilo and Stitch?
ah, Lilo and Stitch,

yeah she counts I think...
I remember first creating my own cartoons and modeling a character off of Pleakley.

also I think Lilo was voiced by Chihiros voice actor.
I cry everytime I see Spirited away! so majestic!

By being based in reality do you mean like there can't be unreal things happening, like superpowers, talking animals that kind of things?
Hi kriss72 I think the screen I know someone had either made them by drawing or on computer makes me switch off completely.with superheros and space films I think if it can't happen in reality (e.g a man can fly without use of a jet engine or wires) it'd just nonsense to me So I don't get it I know many people enjoy them and that's fine but I get no pleasure or interest from them,as a child I wouldn't watch them and I don't watch them as an adult either.i used to watch things like degrassi junior high and grange hill as a kid cause the things in them happened every day

Hi kriss72 I think the screen I know someone had either made them by drawing or on computer makes me switch off completely.with superheros and space films I think if it can't happen in reality (e.g a man can fly without use of a jet engine or wires) it'd just nonsense to me So I don't get it I know many people enjoy them and that's fine but I get no pleasure or interest from them,as a child I wouldn't watch them and I don't watch them as an adult either.i used to watch things like degrassi junior high and grange hill as a kid cause the things in them happened every day
Ah, OK I think I understand now, I like cartoons, but not the superhero stuff. I don't mind it not being realistic, I like Tom and Jerry. But I see your point, Thank you for explaining:)

Not canonically autistic, just headcannoned by fans, but Craig Tucker and butters stotch from South Park.

I like a very old cartoon called -The Underdog Show. He wore glasses during the day, and was clumsy and had a cape and was very black and white thinking. I identified with him, thinking the world can be bad, but we must persist in helping others as it's the right thing to do.

I find this sorta discussion rather fascinating even if I don't quite understand how people come to their conclusions on various characters.
But then I guess I'm still relatively new to having a better understanding of autism so I guess I never really had the know how to make assessments of fictional characters.

To add to the subject I will say that I myself relate to Starfire from Teen Titans, even though yeah she's not really autistic as she's an alien so her awkwardness is due to just not understanding Earth customs.
But I guess because if the common feeling autistic people have if not really being of this world and being "alien" that's why we can relate to characters that are aliens or other species that are trying their best to understand human culture.

I'll also throw out there that perhaps one or more of the main characters of Codename: Kids Next Door are autistic, Loys if quirkiness in the cast afterall. Tho if you want specific examples well.. it's been a while since I've seen the show so I don't remember which character is which, except Number One ofc, because they all go off of numbers cuz of the secret agent angle of the show.
But that one girl who is obsessed with Rainbow Monkeys (a toy line in the series) could be autistic, again can't remember which Number she goes by.

Maybe I can think of some other examples but that's all I got rn.

New Threads

Top Bottom