• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ezra's Poinless Thread

I think it was more like 2500 nights of splendour.
He just didn't want us to know. ;)
thK351NHKV.jpg

Everything I write about myself is fiction. My name, my age, my gender, my species. It is all made up. Including what I just wrote.

Everything I write about myself is fiction. My name, my age, my gender, my species. It is all made up. Including what I just wrote.

I suppose made up means it may or may not be correct, or does made up mean it is not true? If you are not human, you must be something else, and if you are something else, who knows how many genders may be possible.

It could all be made up, and also possibly be true (just not on purpose)?

I could imagine making a story where NOTHING is true for you. You don't sleep, eat...move? think? Ok, maybe not so cool. :p

I suppose made up means it may or may not be correct, or does made up mean it is not true? If you are not human, you must be something else, and if you are something else, who knows how many genders may be possible.

It could all be made up, and also possibly be true (just not on purpose)?

I could imagine making a story where NOTHING is true for you. You don't sleep, eat...move? think? Ok, maybe not so cool. :p

I'll get back to this later after I have made up what sounds like a good answer. Which won't be easy considering I have absolutely no access to the internet nor any kind of device to post with. As a matter of fact, I didn't even write this.

Q: What is the difference between ignorance and apathy?

A: I don't know and I don't care.

So...in a multiverse if we pretend time applies, then technically there are just as many universes at the beginning of their journey and at the end. If you could some how access the information in a targeted way, you may indeed be able to get the history in a similar way as it progressed in ours. It may not be the same version, but if you query enough of them, then I'd imagine you could find a statistic probability that it will also occur in our verse.

Maybe quantum entanglement becomes the 'link'. Someone else is developing the same thing... well an infinite number of them. And maybe the unique part is, that when this piece of technology is discovered is different. Some of them the scientist dies and a future person has to come up with it, and thus in a different time period, and one in which hasn't had access to the amazing machine.

Or just some holographic singularity..something...something.

So...in a multiverse if we pretend time applies, then technically there are just as many universes at the beginning of their journey and at the end. If you could some how access the information in a targeted way, you may indeed be able to get the history in a similar way as it progressed in ours. It may not be the same version, but if you query enough of them, then I'd imagine you could find a statistic probability that it will also occur in our verse.

Maybe quantum entanglement becomes the 'link'. Someone else is developing the same thing... well an infinite number of them. And maybe the unique part is, that when this piece of technology is discovered is different. Some of them the scientist dies and a future person has to come up with it, and thus in a different time period, and one in which hasn't had access to the amazing machine.

Or just some holographic singularity..something...something.

Since I watched the show called Fringe, I am able to understand what you are talking about. Also Stephen King used the multiverse concept in his Gunslinger series and other books that tie in with it like The Talisman.

I have thought about the idea of holographic or virtual reality time travel where you are there, but also you're not. You can watch what is going on, but you can not interact in any way that would change the course of events.

With Fringe the concept was that altering something in an alternate verse, ended up having repercussions on our own.

Of course before all that the original Star Trek had epiepisodes involving both time travel and the multiverse.

It would be interesting to visit other verses and see how your "twinner" (to use the Stephen King term) turned out. Would one be a millionaire and another be serving a life sentence?

TIME magazine just voted this the best thread on the internet.

Later on I will attempt a photoshop of that. Right now I'm on my phone.

Ohh I loved Fringe. Thanks for helping me remember it existed. :). I'm unaware of the Stephen King thread, and I'm ashamed to say I have not seen the original ST series. I'm pretty sure I've seen every-single-episode produced since.

One thing I sometimes think about is to generate an experience in your head.

I recently read We Know It When We See It: What the Neurobiology of Vision Tells Us About How We Think and how the brain processes shapes and just fascinating. The idea that each image is multiple layers, each doing a specific type of thing, then the entire thing, synchronized across all the layers is projected into what we actually see. If you could activate specific neuron bundles in a targeted way, you could in theory generate something that would feel totally real to you. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Maybe in a sensory depravation tank so there are as little normal inputs as possible.

Then for targeting the neurons, we can't exactly do laser light like they do in mice. Maybe targeted wave propagation to have constructive targets, or maybe focused magnetic point to induce an electric potential? This might involve creating a future generation of people with genetically engineered neurons to make this all easier.

But we already have a really good holodeck in our head, we live with it every day.

In the area of thinking of yourself in all the other verses. There are some things that will simply be statistically higher, I suppose a lot of them will seem very similar. If you were poor in North Korea, how many verses would you have to have to visit before you found a millionaire version of you?

But how far a difference is it, before you stop calling it a copy of you? Could be you are the opposite sex. Maybe one of your parents is different? There are also a lot of random things that change the course of our lives, it could be that a lot of them happened to end up in various different places. I suppose all genetic mutations possible have happened to you. And of course in plenty of those, you never became a person. I guess from that perspective, you could always just be grateful that there are versions out there of you that has it worse than you.

This...I'm in a state of euphoria right now and am struggling to hold back tears of joy. This kind of content is once in a century - no, once in a lifetime. Dare I say it, Nobel Prize material right here.

Your discoveries in time travel and unrivaled talent in home decor will no doubt help mankind progress into the 22nd century. Truly, I thank you for giving us all the opportunity to witness your great acheivements.

Also, I forgot what I was going to say next. I lost my script so give me a minute...

New Threads

Top Bottom