• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ezra's Poinless Thread

On Saturday we went to a remote beach where the tracks run along the coast. There is a tunnel under the rail line and there happened to be a train going across when we walked under. I made the comment we could say that today I was underneath a moving train. :)

Up till the point you said "service road" I was thinking it was one of those vehicles with the rail attachment that lets them drive on the rail lines.

I generally think of most places where you go uphill to a beach as the bottom of a lake. :). But you didn't really say it was the ocean either...

But man those railroad police sure sound persistent! Do they have the same powers as say office building security? Less than a park ranger?

I mean animals are allowed to cross the track to get to the shore right? Are you not part of the animal kingdom? Discrimination based on the animal you are...animalism? You should get arrested, and start a law suit. Animal Equality! Equal access to all areas all animals can get to!

This is a google earth view of the scene of the crime. The red line represents the path to the beach. These are coastal tracks that eventually run though Seattle many miles to the south.

NxiUN7Q.png

Last edited:
On Saturday we went to a remote beach where the tracks run along the coast. There is a tunnel under the rail line and there happened to be a train going across when we walked under. I made the comment we could say that today I was underneath a moving train. :)

Up till the point you said "service road" I was thinking it was one of those vehicles with the rail attachment that lets them drive on the rail lines.

I generally think of most places where you go uphill to a beach as the bottom of a lake. :). But you didn't really say it was the ocean either...

But man those railroad police sure sound persistent! Do they have the same powers as say office building security? Less than a park ranger?

I mean animals are allowed to cross the track to get to the shore right? Are you not part of the animal kingdom? Discrimination based on the animal you are...animalism? You should get arrested, and start a law suit. Animal Equality! Equal access to all areas all animals can get to!

There's a beach like that here too, where you go though a tunnel under the tracks to get to it.

6zrk7V7.png

According to what I read, railroad police are certified state law enforcement officers. Trespassing fines issued by them can run from $100 to $1000 and possible jail time. Trespassing on railroad property is a misdemeanor offence. Needless to say after that incident I have never crossed the tracks where it is not allowed again.

It's something that used to not be a big deal. But they have gotten a lot tougher about it over the years.

Last edited:
There is one little trail that winds down to sea level and you used to be able to go under a trestle and across a set of tracks that had a vehicle type crossing to a foot path road that leads to another little beach. But they fenced it off and put no trespass warning signs on it. I got this image from google street views and it's dated Aug 2012. So up until sometime after that, for probably 100 years it wasn't an issue.

nh78Clq.png

That certainly does sound scary. And the tide closing off just adding to it. Talk about feeling pinned.

I don't know why but that map shot feels intimidating to me.

What's funny is the street that leads down to where those cars are parked goes right past the railroad headquarters that's a little ways to the left. To the right is a park that's at the end of a little trail. I'm thinking of going out there today and filming going down that trail to that spot, and loading it on youtube. Then I will have two videos on my channel.

I tried to film going down the little trail but it was populated ruining the atmosphere. And then at the end of the park where the railroad has put up briers and a fence, there was some kind of tailgate party going on. Final days of summer, people come out of the woodwork.

And then at the end of the park where the railroad has put up briers and a fence, there was some kind of tailgate party going on. Final days of summer, people come out of the woodwork.

Ahh so this is an area people are going to more frequently, and the railroad is adding barriers and maybe more patrols as a result?

Given the desire for rail be on level ground, and the inherent design of tracks along a coastline, it is an interesting dichotomy between the two. I wonder if different states have different rules? Like in Hawaii where all beaches are public, not that they have trains on the coast, but if they did, would they be required to provide save passage past the tracks, etc?

Ahh so this is an area people are going to more frequently, and the railroad is adding barriers and maybe more patrols as a result?

Given the desire for rail be on level ground, and the inherent design of tracks along a coastline, it is an interesting dichotomy between the two. I wonder if different states have different rules? Like in Hawaii where all beaches are public, not that they have trains on the coast, but if they did, would they be required to provide save passage past the tracks, etc?

I think it has always had steady foot traffic, but usually I don't come across others. The railroad just wants to keep people from crossing their tracks any way possible. They did that in Las Vegas too were I used to live. Fenced off as much as they could. It's like 8 years ago railroads started freaking out over the possibility that someone might get hit by a train.

Last edited:
I have been included in being involved with a new public forum that is going to launch fairly soon. I'm really looking forward to it.

It's like 8 years ago railroads started freaking out over the possibility that someone might get hit by a train.

I couldn't help but think about some of the most dangerous railways in the world. Especially the one in Vietnam. I once saw something about it on television, some time ago. It was interesting.

One of my houses I have spent many hours putting together. Basically a sorcerer's library. Maybe there is a future for me as an interior decorator if being a writer doesn't work out. Momma always said, always have a fallback plan.

Nk2IoOB.png

8kPfS5s.png

oXyonL0.png

ySG3tdn.png
Hi, Amazing house.

I am a time traveler. An internet time traveler. I have access to special equipment that allows me to view what takes place on the internet in the future. For instance I can look at news articles from 11 August 2025, 2035, 2055 and so on. Anything that is and will be accessible from the internet.

The provision of using this technology is that I can not use it for monetary gain. I can not say anything about future events that might disrupt the course of history.

I am allowed to write about it however because no one will believe me.
You're a time traveler, how cool.

New Threads

Top Bottom